Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Very Fast and Heavy First Dance?! Need Help!

So, my fiance and I were thinking that we want to do something different for our first dance. We are actually going to be meeting with a dance instructor today... and this is the song I will be bringing to her... We have a back up - Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, if Volbeat is unrealistic. 

We both like Volbeat... and like this song... 

Two questions: 

Has anyone ever seen a 'ballroom' type of a dance as a first dance?
Do you think this is too heavy for a wedding?

Thanks for your input! Wink

Re: Very Fast and Heavy First Dance?! Need Help!

• Options
    Also, I'm trying to tweak the song to slow it down a little bit... using Audacity... 
  • Options
    wow thats a very heavy song to dance to ,but to each his own and if the song has meaning to the both of you,then its the right song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would have the dance instructor listen to it and see what she says. Be prepared to change it because I honestly do not know that you can do ballroom dancing (I'm guessing that is what you want to do since you mentioned it) to it due to how fast it is and the dance instructor may not be able to make anything fit that tempo or rhythm.

If it doesn't work out as a first dance song maybe just have it played during the reception at some time.

• Options
    I'm quite excited. He will be teaching us swing dancing to this song. We have completed the first class and it's fantastic! I didn't even have to slow it down!! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_very-fast-and-heavy-first-dance-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:d93384a8-9029-4c37-8ea4-be2b86578cdcPost:74b4d12d-43e9-4287-aaea-89f38ecc6559">Re: Very Fast and Heavy First Dance?! Need Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm quite excited. He will be teaching us swing dancing to this song. We have completed the first class and it's fantastic! I didn't even have to slow it down!! 
    Posted by princessnoob[/QUOTE]

So HAPPY for you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards