Wedding Reception Forum

XP: centerpieces

Hi girls,

I'm on this board quite often lurking with the rare occasional post and I love seeing everyones ideas! So I'm hoping you can help me out with some centerpiece ideas here.

I'm getting married in July with a tent reception.  It's being held at at 1800's historic farm so we're going with a rustic vintage theme. Our main colors are blues and greens with yellow to tie things together.  I'd love to have centerpieces that are flowerless but i just can't come up with anything other than old vintage books with (flameless) candles.  Any other ideas would be welcomed since we'd like to have 2-3 different centerpieces for the tables.

TIA!

. Anniversary aandt image

Re: XP: centerpieces

• I guess it would depend on how formal you were going.  Milkglass containers are very vintage and would look pretty with pinwheels or ribbon wands (in May day wrapped style), easy to DIY and pretty with just a floral stem or two mixed in a miniscape.  I personally would probably start picking up some old tools or kitchen items (think old hand grinders, etc) and would probably set those on a blue & green plaid runner and use sunflowers or mums to accent in yellow.  Also look at using stems of belles of Ireland, grasses or thistle instead of flowers - much less expensive and pretty. I've seen grasses planted with the pinwheels or ribbon wands stuck in them to be taken home as favors as well - just a though. You could use window planters down long tables with those and mix ball jars in between with a handful of thistle (which you can get in blue or green)or Belles of Ireland (green) or use succulents! 

If I decided to do pinwheels or ribbon wands I think I'd also have some hula hoops (think vintage games) on hand and maybe set up a croquet and bocce ball set - great picture of everyone playing in their formal attire during cocktail hour!
  • ljones had some great ideas.   Other ideas could include potted herbs in baskets, blue mason jars filled lemon and lime jelly beans or hard candies, topiary plants, lines of tea lights on rounds of wood and vintage crackle glass pitchers. 

Congratulations!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards