Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Faux Mercury Glass

I scored some awesome faux mercury glass vases (actually they are hurricanes for candles) at Kohl's and want to use them for centerpieces. The problem is the bottom of the vase says not to put water in it. Does anyone have experience using faux mercury glass as a centerpiece with real flowers? I'm wondering if it would be ok if I sprayed a protection sealant on the inside.....?? Don't want to risk killing the flowers or ruining the finish of the vases but before I run to the store and buy the rest of the stock I want to be confident they will work! Thanks :D

Re: Faux Mercury Glass

• Options
    I also love mercury glass.  Can you put a smaller vase to hold water inside the mercury glass vase?
  • Options
    Would putting some floral foam that has been soaked in water work? That way your flowers can still get water, but it's less likely to leak? You could even try those floral water beads.
  • Options
    Belle0720Belle0720 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    I'm using faux mercury glass cachepots for some of my centerpieces and also realized that the faux mercury glass finish will definitely come off when wet. Is a florist doing your centerpieces or are you do them yourself? If you are using a florist, talk to them about it. I haven't talked to my florist yet, but I was thinking we would get plastic containers to put wet floral foam in that will fit inside my cachepots.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards