Wedding Reception Forum

Small wedding reception ideas

I am having a small wedding, under 30 people. I've never been to one of this size, I would appreciate any ideas for the reception since dancing will be VERY minimal but I still want people to really enjoy themselves.

Re: Small wedding reception ideas

• Where are you getting married?

We had a wedding about the same size at a B&B.  We were able to have the caterers greet our guests as they arrived with a signature cocktail and light appetizers.  We had the ceremony in the courtyard, immediately afterwards the caterer's passed out champagne, my brother gave a short toast as then directed everone inside for heavy appetizers for dinner.  Not doing centerpieces or decorating the tables on the wrap around porch ended up being great because people were more likely to take their drinks after they ate and mingle.  We burned music onto CDs for the sound system that went throughout the property.

Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • We had twelve people at our reception.  We like food more than music and dancing, so we opted for a four course gourmet meal with open bar.  It was great.  Dinner lasted about two and a half/three hours.  We were on the beach.  We jumped around talking to different people and had a great time.  Following the meal, those who were interested (and some were drunk, haha), went up the hotel bar and listened to the live music there.

I loved it.  Smaller means more face time with everyone and more chatting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards