Reception Ideas

what do I surver

The wedding is at 7pm.  The reception is right after in the church. Do we surver dinner, or what??????

Re: what do I surver

• In Response to Re: what do I surver:
    Yes. Dinner.  I think you mean "serve"?
    Posted by CMGr
    You don't think it will be to late for a big dinner? We would start eating around 8:30pm
    In Response to Re: what do I surver : You don't think it will be to late for a big dinner? We would start eating around 8:30pm
    Posted by janet4250
    Doesn't matter.  If you're starting the ceremony at 7, that's the dinner hour, and it would be extremely rude not to serve dinner.  People will expect dinner and not eat beforehand. 
    In Response to Re: what do I surver : Doesn't matter.  If you're starting the ceremony at 7, that's the dinner hour, and it would be extremely rude not to serve dinner.  People will expect dinner and not eat beforehand. 
    Posted by calliopeia2013
    What do you think I should sever
  • kikirst33kikirst33
    100 Comments
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: what do I surver:
    In Response to Re: what do I surver : What do you think I should sever
    Posted by janet4250
    You need to talk with your FI and your reception hall to determine what you want to serve for food.  There are many different options for plated dinners, buffet, etc.  The choices are numerous.  

From your questions it sounds like you haven't booked a reception hall yet? Typically they would go over dinner options and costs with you when you meet with them.

ETA:  Sorry I just noted that  you said the reception would follow immediately at the Church?  If that is the case why would the dinner start at 8:30 if the service starts at 7pm?  That would be a very long service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If the reception is at the church you should look into hiring a caterer & going over menu options. A full dinner would be the approriate thing to do but you can also just do apps & desserts as long as you put on the invite "join us afterwards for apps & desserts" so people know what to expect for food. Hopefully they will have time to grab dinner before coming.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!)
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    In Response to Re: what do I surver:
    Posted by janet4250
    To correct again, it's "serve".   You can serve whatever you like, as long as it's dinner.  Do you have a caterer yet?
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    mod
    edited September 2012
    My friends eat at 8:30 on a regular bases.  Those who don't, don't mind eating at 8:30 for a special occasion.  They adjust their other meals that day.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • My ceremony was at 7 and we started dinner at 8:30 with cocktails and apps in between.  A wedding dinner at 8:30 is perfedtly acceptable and people will expect a full meal.
    Posted by janet4250
    L O L

No, seriously, I did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i dont know anyone who eats dinner before 7pm at least (except florida early bird special people) so yes-anything after 6pm to me is dinner time no matter how late.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards