Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Chuppah Rental

I'm in the process of scouting a rental company for a chuppah for my ceremony. The average price for this seems to be about $500 + tax and upward from there, depending on the type of frame and fabrics, etc. 

I'm just wondering if this sounds right. 

Maybe I'm just suffering from sticker shock or maybe my location is affecting the pricing (Los Angeles = higher price).

Is anyone else seeing these prices for chuppah rentals?

Anniversary

Re: Chuppah Rental

• Options
    i would post on local board they will be able to assist with specifics
  • Options
    Unfortunately the local Los Angeles board is so slow it's practically dead. The last time I posted there it took weeks to get a response.

Was really just wondering about rental prices in general. If this sounded normal or way off base. I think I'm just still getting acclimated to the costs that a wedding is to incur. 

Thanks though

Anniversary
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to Re:Chuppah Rental:[QUOTE]I'm in the process of scouting a rental company for a chuppah for my ceremony. The average price for this seems to be about 500 tax and upward from there, depending on the type of frame and fabrics, etc.nbsp;I'm just wondering if this sounds right.nbsp;Maybe I'm just suffering from sticker shock or maybe my location is affecting the pricing Los Angeles higher price.Is anyone else seeing these prices for chuppah rentals? Posted by brita722[/QUOTE]

I had major sticker shock also. I found similar pricing. Ultimately, I bought a used bamboo chuppah on craigslist and bought some chiffon curtains that happened to be in my wedding colors to create a gorgeous backdrop.

It probably cost about 150 total and I sold it after our wedding on CL for 100.

Cruise CL. People sell them occasionally. Also, if you google "do it yourself chuppah" you will some pretty cool ideas on how to make one for pretty cheap. And the DIY skills you will need aren't too bad.
  • Options
    Is your officiant affiliated with a synagogue?  Do they have one you can borrow/rent?  Can your florist put something together for you?  What exactly are you looking for?  Something that will support itself, or will you have people holding the poles?
  • Options
    Also try calling around local florists and see if they offer rentals.  I know many here do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am not sure on the price, but my florist is providing the chuppah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure if you need something that stands on its own, but if a hand-held chuppah works for you, you might want to take a look at Huppahs.com.
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone, really appreciate it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ladies! Thank you so much for suggesting the Florist idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that! 

I called my florist, who does amazing work (I literally picked the most beautiful bouquet on Pinterest and called the florist who made and hired her). 

SHE HAS A CHUPPAH!! 

Better yet, she rents it to her floral customers for $150 + $65 delivery! That's the best price I've seen yet and the pictures she sent me literally look exactly like all the other draped chiffon chuppahs out there. I am so relieved!

Thank you so much for that suggestion! :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay !! Congrats!     Just because I'm so proud of this, here is a photo of our chuppah.

We did the draping in the back and on the top... and we used tent stakes to keep the fabric down in the back, and garden stakes behind each pole affixed to the poles with fishing line, so the chuppah wouldn't blow over!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_chuppah-rental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:f774147a-c26a-4fa1-8aff-7b4b3275a9f9Post:88f9b33a-efa1-4ae3-9862-52e5c471232f">Re: Chuppah Rental</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay !! Congrats!     Just because I'm so proud of this, here is a photo of our chuppah. We did the draping in the back and on the top... and we used tent stakes to keep the fabric down in the back, and garden stakes behind each pole affixed to the poles with fishing line, so the chuppah wouldn't blow over!
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

<div>Looks great! Thanks for posting a picture :)</div>

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards