Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception site woes!

I had a reception site picked out months ago. The owner who is an aquantance of mine agreed to the date and everything, but has been horrible about staying in touch. My wedding is a month away and she still hasn't contacted me about the food prices (rental fee was include/waived if catering was included) and she won't answer her phone and is never at her place of business.
Really I am venting right now, and I don't want any hard feelings between her and I as I know she has many things going on in her personal life but I can't wait around, not knowing the final bill or anything....
Suggestions? Do I find a new place or wait it out and hope for the best?
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Re: Reception site woes!

• Options
    I agree, it's totally time to plan for some where else. If you continue to wait, what are you going to do on your wedding day when she hasn't come through??
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-woes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:fd35b488-d255-4833-b842-7b9efa6fe90bPost:9c8795c3-b9ff-498b-87af-67a978b8a1d9">Re: Reception site woes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Reception site woes! : You have a month to go, I'd figure out a plan B ASAP.  Give your friend one more call. If she doesn't answer, I'd leave a message like, "Due to lack of communication from you about our reception, we think it is best to find an alternate location.  For this reason, we will NOT be using your location on Date at X time."  (I'd tell her this even if she does answer).   After you get off the phone, follow up in with an e-mail, or letter. You also need to notify your guests ASAP, by phone or e-mail, so they know of the new location. Did you sign any type of contract with this woman?  Pay any deposits?  If so, I would think she is in violation of contract and owes you the deposit back. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Well, my mom tried to give her a deposit but she didn't take it, so since we are friends and I know other people who have done events there with success it didn't really set of any red flags.
    But you are right, I should call her one more time and I am currently looking at alternatives, luckily I don't live in an expensive or huge city so I shouldn't have to much trouble finding a plan B but starting from scratch with catering and a venue site is so stressful!
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    I would call again and leave a message that gives her 48 hours to provide you with all of the information you need (food cost, dates of payments, set-up info, price includes xxx, etc).  Let her know if she does not comply you will be forced to cancel and take your business elsewhere.  During that 48 hours call other places and price things out. 

Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards