Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

::Sarahhhh::

Re: ::Sarahhhh::

• Options
    ::::butting in::::

I am also curious about how's shes doing.

::::butting out::::
  • Options

Apparently she thought it was her time today :(  I honestly don't know.  She's up, she's down, she's up again, she's down again.  I don't get it.  I was there yesterday and saw all the doctors and they all said she was doing great and on the road to recovery.  Then today is a hard day.  My mom told her that all I want is have to her at my AHR, so I guess that is what is keeping her.  I just really don't know anymore.

• Options
    Awww!  I'm sorry she isn't doing well today.  I will keep her and your family in my t's and p's. 
  • Options
    My grandmother that I lost this time last year, she told my brother for almost 2 years that "this year would be my last Christmas".  Then, she got really sick April/May of 2008 and I remember seeing her in the hospital (before going to Puerto Rico for week) and I honestly thought that was the last time I was going to see her.

Your grandma is obviously a strong lady, so I'll definitely keep thinking about her.  My grandmother got sick and passed totally unexpectedly last Easter.  So just know that just because she's not doing so hot right now, doesn't mean that this is the end!

I'm here if you need to chat!  It's not an easy thing to go through!
  • Options

Thanks girls, you're awesome.  She told everyone this last xmas was her last.  Talk about freaking everyone out!  She thought that a few years ago too though.  It is what is it, and when she is ready, that will be her time.  I just pray she can hold on until afterwards.  I also would love to give her a great grand child before, but I feel as if that is pushing it at this time :(

• Options
    Oh, this thread just brought me back to when my dad was sick and in the hospital before he passed away. It was such a rollercoaster experience....I think it just happens that way. The doctors don't always know what's going to happen or when someone will take a turn for better or worse. I do believe that people have it in them to control when they go, in some ways. My dad was dying slowly when he was sick, because he didn't want intervention measures and he was only on pain meds at the end. But the doctors were amazed at how long he held on...it defied the odds and medical norms in a lot of way, and when he passed it was the day after my niece's birthday party, which is always a big affair in my family. We all felt that he waited until the day after the party so that we could enjoy that day and not be sad for it.

I hope you can find comfort in and cherish whatever time you have left with your grandma. Hugs to you!
  • Options
    Sarah, all i can really say is ill keep your famly in my t&ps.  HEART YOU!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards