Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Is it too soon...

to be in love with a dress? I've literally got 34 months and change to go until my wedding, but I'm really in love with this dress! [url]http://tinyurl.com/ph2a8p[/url]Oh and I found another knottie who's actually tried it on: [url]http://tinyurl.com/myf2wf[/url] (dress 2.1-2.11)If I try it on it won't be until I come home for a visit in December... which would mean a year and a half before the wedding... and I will have tried on other dresses beforehands. But everything I look at pales in comparison to this one! Am I being totally nuts?heeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeee*m*
Wedding Countdown Ticker
DW Siggy: Current Books
White Knot
image 149 Received the invite of the century. image 90 are coming to party with the unicorns! image 37 will miss out on the good food and eat hot pockets instead. image 22 think I'm psychic.

My Bio, updated 4/24/11

Re: Is it too soon...

• Options
    I would strongly urge you to at least try it on before buying it. My engagement was almost 3 years and during that time I found lots of dresses I loved, but when I actually tried them on I didn't like how they looked on me. I know how hard it is to wait, I waited 2 years before finally buying a dress, but I'm really glad I did wait because I would have ended up being a 2 or 3 dress bride if I hadn't. Good luck!
    ~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would wait!!
  • Options
    That dress is very pretty and I can completely understand because I was totally in love with it too... until I tried it on.  It looked TERRIBLE on me!  So def try in on before hand because you will be shocked at how different things look on you.  I ended up with a dress that was NOTHING like I imagined.  That being said you have a very long time until your wedding.  I bought my dress late, but I've still found lots of dresses since and wonder if I made the right decision and I love my dress.  Its a big decision, don't make it so early on.  It just gives you way to much time to second guess yourself.  And who know, something better might come along!  HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm about 84 weeks away from my wedding ;) And I have the same dilema, I haven't found a dress I LOVE, but I have found some I really, really, really like. But I will try everything on before I order, but I may be ordering online just to save. I did read a post yesterday from one of the girls about Davids Bridal. They had said a sales person at DB said the online dress sizes are a little different then in store dress sizing. Makes since if it like a parent company running the website. We(Oregon) had-it closed this year :( a sporting good store that had a website but it was ran by a different company so prices and products were a little different than what they had in store, if that makes sense!!! I would say wait, try on other dresses, because like PP says you just never know how it will look. HTH!!! What is your date again?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I suggest you wait. I bought a dress online and hated it on me. So I went and tried on a dress by myself and I bought it. Well, I don't love it, but I refuse to buy another dress, so now I'm stuck with a dress that I don't really love for my wedding day. Oh well...I guess it's too late for me know, but you have time to try on dresses and decide on one. And remember that every six months or a year you are gonna see new models, what if the dress you are gonna love more then this one is still not out there?Just wait. I've change my mind on wedding stuff so many times and the dress was not the exeption.If you still love the dress closer to the wedding date, get it! But for now, I think is better if you wait.
  • Options
    Alright ladies! Thanks! I'll hold my horses then ;)xoxo*m*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    DW Siggy: Current Books
    White Knot
    image 149 Received the invite of the century. image 90 are coming to party with the unicorns! image 37 will miss out on the good food and eat hot pockets instead. image 22 think I'm psychic.

My Bio, updated 4/24/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards