Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

What did you get...

The hosts of your bridal shower?FI's mom and sister are throwing me a shower in a couple weeks (I know, super early, but the only time that worked). I'm not quite sure what to get them as a thank you. What did you get your hosts?
Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
Planning Bio My Blog

Re: What did you get...

• Options
    Two of my mom's best friends threw my shower.  I got one a GC for a pedicure.  It was a flip flop theme, so I thought it was perfect.  The other loves tequila so I got her a bottle of Patron.
  • Options
    For my bridal shower - I got the girls lolita wine glasses. Super cute... this one: [url]http://tinyurl.com/ybpejyp[/url] For the couples shower - We got them candles from Z Gallery that smell aaaamazing: [url]http://tinyurl.com/ybpkvmz[/url] Hope this helps!!!!!!
  • Options
    FI's aunts and his mom are throwing the shower so I'm going to get them all pedicure GC so they can have a girls day out together
  • Options
    Am I the only person who isn't getting their hostess's something?  I've hosted 3 showers, and never got a gift, so I'm saving myself som money and not getting my girls a gift.  Their gift is seeing my smiling face?!?!?!  
  • Options
    Bigwuhead - I've never received a hostess gift either.  It's definately not required!  Is your BP hosting?  If so, their BM gifts serve as a thank you for all things they did prior to the wedding.
  • Options
    Cristina I never knew you were supposed to get a gift for them either. I've thrown a few bridal showers and never have gotten a gift....maybe it's regional? I feel bad because I consider myself a pretty thoughtful/generous person...but it never occured to me that you should buy the host a gift.
  • Options
    Christina - I'm with you.  Planned several for families/friends over the last 10 years and never got a host gift either!  (only got the MOB all bitchy that I didn't send her the check for my portion of shower SHE planned and should have then paid for before I came into town!)
  • Options
    My boss planned my work shower.  I got her a plant in a cute vase/container for her office.  It was simple and she loved it!
  • Options
    I didn't know you were supposed to get them a gift either.  My moh is hosting my bridal shower so my bridesmaid gift to her is also going hand in hand for hosting.
  • Options
    I agree with the PP that a gift is not necessary (I even checked a few wedding etiquette sources).  They all said a nice thank you note is sufficient.  If you want to get a gift, that's up to you, but not necessary.So, long story short, I only sent thank you notes :-)
  • Options
    My shower is on October 11 and I am so stumped! I thought I had something cute & fun picked out but when they came in the mail... they were a joke! Big NO. I don't know if you guys have seen them, but they are the blown glass salt & pepper shakers from Beau Coup. The biggest ones are still TINY and with the amount of money and effort I know they are putting into my shower, I just can't give them such a joke of a gift. They would be awesome if they were like an inch bigger at least.Now I am looking at getting them each a nice, cozy blanket. Or, Sarah just gave me an idea of getting them Lolita wine glasses. They both love wine, but I know one of the ladies is cutting back due to health concerns. So I don't know if that is an appropriate gift after-all. *sigh*
  • Options
    Oh, Okay, i guess because it's my bp hosting my shower and i've always been in a bridal party when i've hosted.  Now I don't feel so bad..LOL... My girls are getting enough, I don't think I could afford one more present for them.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I guess I thought if it wasn't the BP hosting you were supposed to get a gift. :) I'm glad it's not a must, makes me less worried about it. I'm thinking about a Coach passport holder (they were on sale for $20 at the outlet). Hmmm.
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
    Planning Bio My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards