Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Is anyone doing....

... any "non-romantic" things on their honeymoon?  Obviously since we'll have a 3 year old with us, our "familymoon" won't be dripping with romance but I'm actually kind of looking forward to doing a haunted plantation tour in Charleston.  FI is all for it; everyone else we talked to just kind of raised their eyebrow and shook their head.  I'm just curious if anyone else is doing some non-traditional things on their honeymoon.

Re: Is anyone doing....

• Options
    I think you should do whatever you guys want! We're doing a seaplane tour, a kayak trip, and probably some hiking. I want to do things that we both enjoy. I don't think it's weird or anything that you want to to the plantation tour, I'm not sure why people would give you the eyebrow for it.
  • Options
    My plans for our 3 day "honeymoon":Lay in a hammock & drink pina coladas all d@mn day.You should do whatever you want! It's your "familymoon" :)
  • Options
    I don't think it's weird or anything that you want to to the plantation tour, I'm not sure why people would give you the eyebrow for it. This.  I would HAVE to do this if I was in Charleston.
  • Options
    I agree. You should do whatever interests you. It's not all about the romance 24/7. We are going to one of the waterfalls in Jamaica as well as cliff diving :-)
    Photobucket
    Copyright Focus Photography by Janel Conlan
    BabyFruit Ticker Life in the Fast Lane :::: The Hall-Ways
  • Options
    That sounds awesome and totally up my alley!  I love stuff like that.  It's funny you ask this because FI is SOOOOOO not the sit in a chair on the beach, or sit in a chair anywhere for that matter.  He prefers to be off doing things and checking out sites.  As of now we arn't taking a honeymoon, we are going to spend the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the OBX after the wedding with whatever friends and family are there.  Nothing special, maybe go kayaking and what not.
  • Options
    Since we're getting married on the ship and a lot of our friends and family will be joining us on the cruise, we don't have many alone time things planned.  So far all we have planned for just the two of us is snorkeling at the Barrier Reef in Grand Caymen.  We did make sure our cabin is on the other side of the ship from everyone else so we'll have some privacy there.  One place I've always wanted to go is Belize so I'm hoping to find something there for just the two of us to do as well, maybe horseback riding.  I am dying to do a zip line but he thinks I'm nuts and refuses to let me do it, he thinks it's going to break or something...LOL!!!
  • Options
    Oh, we're definitely doing it.  I could care less what people think. My family is VERY traditional but I've always been sort of the oddball.  I've been like this all my life and I can't believe they're surprised that I would do something like this on my honeymoon.  Honestly, given FI's and my personalities, if we were laying on a beach all day doing nothing, we'd go crazy.  I get bored easily - 30 minutes on a beach would be plenty and then I'd be looking for something else to do.I was just wondering of any other knotties had cool ideas for their honeymoon.
  • Options
    Dew, which cruise are you taking?  Your itinerary sounds a lot like the one we went on 3 years ago - Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya. 
  • Options
    I should add that I'm actually not a sit around kind of person, and for sure 30 minutes hanging out on the beach would be good for me normally. I've just been so crazy busy the past few months that sitting around, doing nothing, drinking pina coladas, and eating some yummy food - that sounds like perfection right now.I'm also quite sure that a couple hours of that and I will be like "Ok, lets go see the Mayan ruins!" lol.
  • Options
    We had our 4 year old and all of my family still there so we really didn't do anything traditional.  We don't get to see my family very much because they live so far away and we just had a great time spending time all together.  Our wedding night my parents took Rowen but other than that it was mostly a familymoon.  I loved it!  DH and I can spend go spend a long weekend together later, this was what we wanted.  People thought we were crazy too though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A tour of a haunted plantation sounds so fun!!  I and especially Dave would love to do that!  We are addicted to Ghost Hunters, Paranomal State, Ghosts Adventurers...all those spooky shows :)
  • Options
    Chosen, we are going to be on the Carnival Legend, leaves out of Tampa, goes to Grand Caymen, Cozume, Belize and Isla Roatan and two days at sea.  I can't wait!
  • Options
    Danielle, the place I want to go is Boone Hall, which was actually investigated on one of those shows. I truly believe we have a ghost living with us right now so I'm not actually scared - I just want to go snap a bunch of pics and see if I catch anything on film. I know, I'm a dork! That cruise sounds super fun! We initially were supposed to go to Cozumel but their pier was damaged in a hurricane so we had to switch ports. If you want to hear some opinions on the excursions we did (all through Carnival) or see some pics, email me at this screenname at aol.
  • Options
    Lisa, YGM :)
  • Options
    I love this post!  It was 4 weeks ago today that my now DH and I were on our way to the airport, foo-foo drinks in hand, on our way to the time of our lives!The night before our ceremony a group of us went to Rick's Cafe and DH and I decided to jump off the cliffs...(we took the leap before we took THE LEAP!).On our honeymoon we went ziplining through the canopy of the rainforest...and I'm petrified of heights...it was AWESOME!We went on a jeep tour (the jeep was painted like a zebra) up the mountains in St. Ann up to Bob Marley's mausoleum/ childhood home at Nine Mile.  That was crazy-cool!!!And we went on a catamaran trip to Dunn's River, climbed the waterfall, went snorkeling, then enjoyed the booze as we all danced and sang through the huge swells on the sea on our way back to our resort...SO MUCH FUN!People think that we were crazy to plan so much stuff on our honeymoon...but we figure we might not have another chance...we splurged...and we're both so glad that we did!Thanks for the opportunity to take a trip down memory lane!  I needed that this morning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards