Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Bikini Waxes?

I would like to get one before our MX trip next week, but I don't think I will be able to do it until Saturday. Would that be too late if we are leaving Monday? One of my friends said something about not tanning or being in the sun for like a week after your get waxed?! Who has experience and is it really worth the pain? Sorry if this is TMI :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Nest!

Re: Bikini Waxes?

• Options
    I think it's fine.  I got waxed the day before going to the Caribbean once.  And not just a bikini - full Brazilian.  You do need to not shave for several days before though.
  • Options
    Oh girl, I've been "planning" to do it for a while now, so that is covered :) Some women let themselves go after they have been married like 30 years, me, I let myself go after about 3 weeks of being engaged :) He is stuck with me now though. I do continue to work out so that must count for something!!
  • Options
    A couple days is fine...  For example, we are going to PR in Dec - leave 12/10 - and I have my appointment for 12/8.  After the first 24 hours, the redness will go away and you should definitely be good to go by 48.  I never heard about waiting a week to go in the sun...  just the redness to go away!It is totally worth the pain - really after the initial pain (like 10 seconds) it doesnt hurt any worse than shaving - actually a lot less IMO.  And, you dont have to worry about shaving during your trip...  worth it in my book!And Mrs.McC - full Brazillian???  dang, I am totally not that brave.
  • Options
    Find a salon that uses the "hard" wax. It's the kind that they put on and then just pull the wax back off- no cloth strips. It's much much less painbful than the regular wax because it doesn't take the top layer of your skin with it! I did mine on the Friday before we left. I was on the beach by Sunday and just fine. GL!!
  • Options
    PP- the full brazilians aren't that bad. That's all I've ever done when waxing.
  • Options
    I always go a couple days before a vacation and they've never said stay out of the sun... do you plan on not wearing anything in the sun? I don't know if that makes a difference since the bathing suit covers you. I also take 3 advil about an hour before my appointment. Also, the amount of pain you have depends on the time of the month you're in... Good luck, you'll be fine! You'll never want to shave again :)
  • Options
    I think you should be fine. My waxer just says no whoopie or tanning for at least 24 hours after you get it done!Also it is toootally worth it!  Sure it hurts for the little time it takes to get it done.. but taking a few advils before you go helps a lot!  No razor for me ever again! TMI? lol
  • Options
    Thanks girls. Is hard wax pretty common now? I am already having a hard time finding a ride since I am a bus commuter and the buses don't operate on the weekends in my town.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards