Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

NWR: sleep apnea

I have been MIA for awhile and wow there is a lot to catch up on! I have been having some health issues so I haven't really been in "wedding mode" for some time now. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with sleep apnea? I have it myself and was contemplating having surgery but reading up about it online has scared me. I figured being able to talk with someone who has been through it before would help but I don't know anyone who has.

Re: NWR: sleep apnea

• Options
    A family friend of ours has sleep apnea. He uses a mask thing when he sleeps at night. I guess it keeps him breathing? I know it helps him tremendously. I haven't heard him talk about a surgery.Also, reading up about things like this online is not always the best idea. Often times you only find to worst information / horror stories online. The best resource (obviously) is your own doctor, unless you can find a legit website online that offers info & support for people with sleep apnea.Good luck! :)
  • Options
    My dad has sleep apnea and it was pretty crazy as they were trying to diagnose it.. He currently uses the machine for breathing at night.. so if you have any questions I can try and help out.   I don't know much about surgery though because  my dad didn't consider that.I agree with the pp... the internet can scare the crap out of you some times!! be weary of what you read. :)Let me know if I can help you at all... I can always ask my dad if you have any questions too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards