Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Necklace suggestions?

I was originally going to do a swarovski in blue from redenvelopegifts on etsy or a pearl necklace, but I found these earrings and I have to have them!

I also like that they are blingy so they'll match the bling on my dress' sash.

What kind of necklace would work with these? I haven't found any CZ ones that I like yet, and I don't think pearls will work anymore.

Re: Necklace suggestions?

• Options
    I'm no help since I'm so lost on what to do with my jewelry..just want to say those are stunning!
  • Options
    Honestly if you are going to wear your hair back, I don't think you really need a necklace.  The neckline of the dress is really pretty and you don't want to over power that.  I did the same thing.  My earrings were pretty big so I decided against a necklace.  But if you really want one I think just a simple diamond drop would be pretty.  It would add a little bit without feeling over accessorized. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_necklace-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:1153f0f7-2164-4acb-9ae4-da4054e59825Post:f84cc653-5f5d-4575-8179-93442bd872d8">Re: Necklace suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly if you are going to wear your hair back, I don't think you really need a necklace.  The neckline of the dress is really pretty and you don't want to over power that.  I did the same thing.  My earrings were pretty big so I decided against a necklace.  But if you really want one I think just a simple diamond drop would be pretty.  It would add a little bit without feeling over accessorized. 
    Posted by aukelly[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm starting to think this is what I'm going to do. Especially since we're doing a lei exchange. I don't expect to wear the lei in all of the photos but I will be wearing it during the ceremony. Both would probably be too much. I keep forgetting about the leis!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_necklace-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:1153f0f7-2164-4acb-9ae4-da4054e59825Post:f838a892-a742-4a1a-9815-f930c2a539cb">Re: Necklace suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Necklace suggestions? : I'm starting to think this is what I'm going to do. Especially since we're doing a lei exchange. I don't expect to wear the lei in all of the photos but I will be wearing it during the ceremony. Both would probably be too much. I keep forgetting about the leis!
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]

Great point i totally forgot about our lei exchange too. I suck at jewelry shopping & keep procrastinating on figuring mine out! I never wear jewelry (other than cz studs) & dont wanna spend money on the real stuff- im hoping to borrow from my sister. Sorry im no help!
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_necklace-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:1153f0f7-2164-4acb-9ae4-da4054e59825Post:f838a892-a742-4a1a-9815-f930c2a539cb">Re: Necklace suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Necklace suggestions? : I'm starting to think this is what I'm going to do. Especially since we're doing a lei exchange. I don't expect to wear the lei in all of the photos but I will be wearing it during the ceremony. Both would probably be too much. I keep forgetting about the leis!
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]

This exactly.  I wanted statement earrings because I was not going to wear a necklace with the lei exchange, it would be a waste of money.  Love the earrings! Their similar to mine!
  • Options
    No need for a necklace with a lei.  I'm no longer wearing my necklace either. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards