Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

OMG

Its 1:15 am here and we are on our way back home. My dtrs father txt me saying that she never showed up at his house. I called her and txt her with no response. I told him to go to my house looking for her. Of course the douche bag that he is says....I'm tired, I'm not looking all over for her. Uh your 17 yrs that is supposed to be at ur house is missing and you not telling me until 11:15 and you won't go look for her. So I called my mother who went to my house. Yep she was there with a girl and two guys....and my mom smelled alcohol! My dtr told my mom not to tell me. Ya right! So I called her father back to go to the house and get her and everyone out! He got there and found boys hiding in the bushes and one girl running upstairs. I told him to go thru my house and get everyone out. He told me he will let them leave. So anyway....he says at that point only one girl left on my house trashed. I told him to take her home and tell her parents I was not home and my dtr was not supposed to be there and we did not supply them alcohol. He said he did but I don't trust him. I will call her parents tomorrow. So now we are driving 3 hours aft having a few drinks ourselves to see if anything is missing in the house. I'm so upset because she is such a good kid that I can't believe she would do this. Punishment....taking her care and phone and laptop away for the month. I'm very angry right now! P.s. all my stuff is at the hotel. We were at my friends house when ingot the call.
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: OMG

• Options
    oh wow!  I'm so sorry you have to deal with this!  Do you know why she would act out like this?  Why doesn't your ex show more concern?  Hopefully it all works out in the morning.  The worst punishment my mom did was to make me clean the house top to bottom the morning after getting drunk.  Bleach, vacuum, dishes, laundry, NO A/C!  It was terrible!!  Then she picked out my clothes for a week to wear to school.  I didn't drink for good year after that.  Just saying ;)
  • Options
    I talked to her asking her what was going on and she still continued to lie. I also just found out my ex did not talk to the girls parents like he said he did. He is a terrible parent! Idk y she did this. She said her friend and her were playing Xbox and the girls cousin and another boy came and they were drinking. She goes to her fathers Fri-Sun so she's not supposed to be at our house....ESP when nobody was home. Makes me wonder what else she's done on the weekends that I dont know about.
  • Options
    He is a HORRIBLE parent! No wonder you had nothing but negative things to say about him prior to this! Is your daughter one to be a follower or a leader? If she's more inclined to follow or try to fit in, maybe it was the idea of one of the others and knowing that she is easier to talk into things, they convinced her it was a good idea? I ask only because that's how my brother was and he got in trouble A LOT just for following ideas of others...
  • Options
    Have you ever seen the Cosby Show episode where they caught Vanessa drinking and the next morning they did the drinking game with apple juice? Might be a strategy :) 

Sorry you're going through this, especially without support from your ex... but it sounds like she's a good kid and just is trying to test her limits so stick to your guns. Is this girl one of her good friends? Or does she seem to be from a bad crowd? That might be something to talk to her about too, peer pressure and such. 

Keep us posted!
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    D'uh! I'm sorry this happened. My daughter would be in sooooooo much trouble if she did this. I like the cleaning the house punishment and picking out her clothes for a week. I would have died if my mom did that to me as a teenager. Although, I would have screamed all kinds of horrible things at her and then left the house for days. I wasn't a very nice or good teenager. Taking away all of the electronics is always a good idea. I usually do that with my daughter. She's going to need something to do with all her free time, so give her the cleaning to do. Your ex sounds a lot like mine. A real ass with no real responsibilities who doesn't care about anyone but themselves.
  • Options
    I thought she was a leader but maybe I'm mistaken. I gave her several opportunities to tell the truth last night and she continued to lie to me. She is insisting she doesn't know the names of the boys that were here cause they were her friends cousin but I was able to see her Facebook wall and one of the boys posted "thanks alot" and that was at 1 am. I also can't believe her father lied to me. He told me the whole so called convo he had with this girls parents. Now I gotta call him out on his lies too not that he will care I caught him lying. I'm so dissappointed.
  • Options
    This girl is the only friend she hangs around with. She seemed like a good kid. This was a test for her for when I go to Hawaii and she failed. I was gonna let her stay at home a few days while my mom worked nights. My mom works 3 days on 3 off. Apparently I can't do this now.
  • Options
    what th heck is your ex's problem?!?!  does he not get that that is his daughter??!!!!  His flesh and blood!!!  She'seither going through something and he's not  being there for her like a good father should be or she gets away with this stuff with him and she pushed it to the next level by not going to his at all.  And if I was that other girls mother and someone didn't tell me my daughter was doing that I would be so beyond pissed at your ex!  What does he not understand about being a parent?  I have a thing about irresponsible parents.  They really boil my blood.  Did you tell her she ruined it for herself for when you're in Hawaii?  I can't imagine that went over too well.  Keep us posted, we're here for you.

Kimmy- my mom had a BIG thing for pastels  during my reign of terror.  Pretty much broke my spirit after a while
  • Options
    He apparently is no father. I really thought he would step up to the plate last night be apparently I was wrong. I just now found out he didn't even take the girl home. My dtr said he took her to her aunts house....not sure if that is a lie. My dtr went to work at noon and got up at 11:30 and was at her dads therefor I didn't get much more info. She is still saying she doesn't know who the boys were which is a lie so I need to get their names and find out who took our money. I also am going to call this girls parents to let them know what went on. I know you always hear people say not my dtr but I really can't believe her. She is a good kid with a 101 average in school, takes EMT classes and has a job. Apparently she made a bad decision. Im not gonna say I didn't do anything wrong when I was 17 but this has me so furious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards