Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

G/B/U

Good

Getting married in Jamaica! It was amazing! A Minnesota wedding would not have been the same!

For the most part, our wedding day went well. I loved my make-up & hair, it didn't rain, and the ceremony went smoothly.

All of the staff at both resorts (breezes & Sandals) were very friendly and helpful. I loved the people there.

Everyone's flights went good. My family had one delay getting into Jamaica but for the most part, everything went fine. Considering all the snow we've gotten this year, being able to get in/out on time was lucky!

Bad

It was extremely windy on our wedding day. My hair got messed up before we even finished our vows and we couldn't take beach pictures because the sand was flying aroud so much.

3/4 of our group got sick during the trip. It seemed to be a 24 hour bug or something. I missed horseback riding because I was up in my room sick. My sister was sick on my wedding day and went to her room right after dinner. I'm sad she missed a lot. (But I'm also glad both Tom & I felt fine for the wedding!)

We picked out our own vows and a reading for the ceremony. We gave it to the wedding planner the day before. Somehow the minister didn't get this information so we had the basic 10 minute ceremony with the standard vows. It's not the end of the world--we're still married! But it would have been nice to read the vows we picked out.

Ugly

The in-laws.

They did nothing but sit at the bar from morning until night. They refused to go to our rehearsal dinner at Margaritaville because they didn't "feel" like going. They were always drunk and were pushing alcohol on my husband 24/7. They were rude and mean to me and my family. His brother was telling anyone he could find how he thought my H was making a mistake in getting married. And he couldn't believe he was going to "sign away half of everything just like that." He even told this to MY MOM. His dad was also saying he loved Jamaica but he thinks our marriage is a bad idea. He was saying this to strangers at the bar!! WHO DOES THAT?!

Right before midnight--on my wedding day-- his brother was drunk and came up behind me and pushed me so hard I tripped on my dress and ripped the bottom. Then he threw balloons right at my face when they did a balloon drop at midnight. So I rang in 2011 crying and hugging my brother who saw everything.

Overall, I'm happy we got married in Jamaica. I'm glad MY family was there and I really do love my husband. It does feel different to be married, in a good way. I'm going to focus on all the GOOD that happened during that week.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards