Destination Weddings Discussions

looking for reviews of DestinationWeddings.com from recent brides

my fiancee and i are considering useing destionation weddings (.com) as our TA i was wondering if anyone who has used them could post about there experience ... did you get a good deal? were you happy with there service? is there anything you wished they had been more ontop of

they claim there goal is to keep your wedding under 10k did they manage that or go over?

Thanks
Kaitlyn

Re: looking for reviews of DestinationWeddings.com from recent brides

• I haven't had my wedding yet, but am using them and they have been wonderful so far.  My agent goes above and beyond what I need and makes sure things are done in a timely maner.  I really like her.  You have to pay $50 but it goes to your travel costs so it works out. 

HTH
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • We are just in the beginning but I've been pleased so far.

I think you should compare what is offered but dw.com and beach bum and see which works for you.

Good luck!
  • FunnSunFunnSun member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Yes I researched about 5 or 6 TA's and my best find was www.myislandgetaways.com  We had our wedding at El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya and I would have been lost without all the help and guidance I received,plus we got so many extras thrown in which was a big bonus for us and our whole wedding group.
  • I am also using DW.com for my wedding next year. So far my TA has been great, she does everything in her powers to answer all of my questions in a timely manner. So far so good. Also I like all the extras they give for booking a certain number of rooms. You give them your price points and they will give you options to choose from and help you with every step of your planning process. My TA has switched destinations with me and everything, they are very flexible and focuses on what you want. HTH

• We're using them too and our TA has been responsive to all my family requesting information or questions about booking flights etc. They really helped find resorts in the budget we gave them and he negotiated a very good deal for our group rate for the rooms.
  • I used them and all was well (save for some transfer drama that was not their fault).  Make sure to re-inforce with your peeps to keep their transfer paperwork on hand and repeat time and time again that the transfer should be FREE since it is already paid for!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks to all of you i feel much better about contacting them now
  • How did you like destinationweddings.com?  I am thinking of using them and would like to know how your experience was, if you don't mind me asking.
  • DO NOT USE DESTINATIONWEDDINGS.COM!!!!!!!

I am still in the process of dealing with this awful company (my wedding is in May) and I regret involving them with my wedding planning.

I am currently on my 2nd agent with DW and she was ok until she didn't include my guests airfare in any quotes, didn't inform him that he was on his own for airfare and now he's stuck paying $1300 each for airfare instead of $900 which another travel agent quoted him at the same time as my dw agent.

This company has done nothing but add additional stress and work to my wedding planning.

I won't bore you with the additional headaches they've caused, but please do yourself a favor and go with someone else!!!!
  • Thank you for the heads up and I'm sorry for your experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards