Destination Weddings Discussions

Need your girls' opinions...

So I was going to get a massage the morning of my wedding, I had one booked but now I realized I dont want to spend that much money. So I was just going to cancel it. But then I found a bunch of independent massage therapists that will come to your hotel room with their tables and do an hour massage for about half the price. But all the ones I have found are men... is it weird to have a man come to my room while FI isnt there to give me a massage?lol 
BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need your girls' opinions...

• I don't think so, if he seems like a reputable and professional one then I think it should be fine. Definitely do some research on them before you book.

Maybe have someone else in the room with you just in case?

Photobucket Anniversary
  • Oh that is a tough one, I would tell FI your dilemma and gauge his reaction. If you have other people like BM's then I would say it's not weird. If it is just you and him, I don't know that it's weird, but personally I would be uncomfortable. If you think you would be uncomfortable I wouldn't do it because you won't be able to enjoy the massage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_need-girls-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:277f78a0-9790-490f-b14c-71667d0f93caPost:e1f02a24-b5b1-4f6f-9b62-68f985f50f24">Re: Need your girls' opinions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh that is a tough one, I would tell FI your dilemma and gauge his reaction. If you have other people like BM's then I would say it's not weird. If it is just you and him, I don't know that it's weird, but personally I would be uncomfortable.<strong> If you think you would be uncomfortable I wouldn't do it because you won't be able to enjoy the massage.</strong>
    Posted by mae1564[/QUOTE]

<div>True, usually it wouldnt bother me but since it would just be me and him in my hotel room might get a little weird!lol</div>
  • Not weird.  I'm a massage therapist and they have to go through tons of tests and ethics to get a license to work, especially in Vegas.  Massage therapists get such a bad rap, they aren't pervs, usually they just want to work and get their money. 

I do understand where you are coming from though as in having him come into your hotel room, but honestly I think they will do their massage and get out.  If you do have a problem with your therapist and they do decide to do something to you, just end the massage and make him leave, it is your room after all!!  I highly doubt anything will go wrong though. 
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_need-girls-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:277f78a0-9790-490f-b14c-71667d0f93caPost:90492676-e561-4e37-ad6c-b840d6b5f975">Re: Need your girls' opinions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not weird.  I'm a massage therapist and they have to go through tons of tests and ethics to get a license to work, especially in Vegas.  Massage therapists get such a bad rap, they aren't pervs, usually they just want to work and get their money.  I do understand where you are coming from though as in having him come into your hotel room, but honestly I think they will do their massage and get out.  If you do have a problem with your therapist and they do decide to do something to you, just end the massage and make him leave, it is your room after all!!  I highly doubt anything will go wrong though. 
    Posted by Meghangh[/QUOTE]

<div>Good advice, thanks!</div>
  • I would def talk to FI first though and see what he feels.  I personally don't enjoy it as much when a man works on me, I'm just not relaxed as much.  Cheaper is always better though, hah!
  • If you are uncomfortable with a male, ask your MOH if she would be willing to come sit in your room with you.  She could read or watch TV or really do anything. 

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards