Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Met With A Travel Agent Today!

Today FI and I had off work today so we went to met with a travel agent to gather info on pricing and detail information they could give us. Our agent was very helpful with trying to give us information but because our date is in 2014 they can't do anything until 10 months from now. But now we know what the deposit requirement is and that we would need to pay for airfare cost up front. I can't wait until it's time to start booking for everything it's all starting to come into place and we are finally doing this after 8yrs of being together!!!!

The only thing is I don't know what we should do. My FI and I have two amazing kids together and of course we want them at our wedding but we would like to enjoy a honeymoon since we haven't really had much us time we kind of jumped into having our first son and a couple years later we had our daughter. We wouldn't want to have any of our other family watch them for the week because it would be their vacation also. Any advise you can give me? I don't know what to do.

image 125 Invited To Our Winter Wonderland!
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Met With A Travel Agent Today!

• Options

Have you chosen a resort yet?  What if you split your vacation in the middle, leave the wedding resort have someone stay with the kids for two days, spend those days alone honeymooning and then come back to finish the rest of the time with them?  I don't know how it would work cost wise.  You can sleep at a different resort for one night but still have two full days to yourselves.  What if you postponed the honeymoon until after the wedding?  Take it a month to a year later, whatever works best time wise and financially.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_met-with-a-travel-agent-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:32aa5e69-3ef4-47d9-9190-a4aa0606888cPost:fdcc82b0-b1d6-413b-befa-844d9aaeb45c">Re: Met With A Travel Agent Today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you chosen a resort yet?  What if you split your vacation in the middle, leave the wedding resort have someone stay with the kids for two days, spend those days alone honeymooning and then come back to finish the rest of the time with them?  I don't know how it would work cost wise.  You can sleep at a different resort for one night but still have two full days to yourselves.  What if you postponed the honeymoon until after the wedding?  Take it a month to a year later, whatever works best time wise and financially.
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes we have we will be staying at Paradisus P*nta Cana Resort, they do have kids area and drop offs so we are debating that we can drop them off there for a couple of hours out of a day so we could go snorkeling, horse back riding and fun stuff like that and then the rest of the day we can do fun kid activities with them. And then maybe next year for our one year wedding annivarsry we can do a weeks vacation with just him and I. I know we still have a lot of time to think about but it's something big to think about.

</div>

image 125 Invited To Our Winter Wonderland!
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards