Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Grooms Cakes

So since we were on the topic of Grooms Cakes, I thought I'd ask a few questions about them...

What will yours look like? and how much should I budget for this (if you don't mind answering)

I guess it would feed 50-60 guests.

Re: Grooms Cakes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just popped on for a minute and saw this. I'm getting a red velvet cake with fondant to look like the Rolling Stones tongue logo.

If you're interested, a friend of mine just launched her own cake company, and she's doing my grooms cake.  www.greeneggsandcake.com

Hope you're having a great weekend!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know my friends sister charges around $90 for one of them (and with all the time she puts into it she literally makes like $2/hr to do it lol).  Still trying to get her email address from him though, they're away this weekend so they're hard to get ahold of.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont know about cost yet, but I'm thinking of doing either golf or NY Yanks/Jets themed cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are you thinking of doing taccoten?
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have just started looking at them so I'm not sure about the cost yet, but I was thinking about using his fraternity letters or a Playstation control :-)!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea about cost since one of my family friend's is an amazing baker and cake designer.....so basically I'll probably end up paying for supplies.  My fiance is a major scuba diver and adores his fish tank.  We're having the bottom of an aquarium created.  So it'll be the bottom floor with coral, shells, seaweed, etc. with a bunch of fondant fish, sea turtles, sharks, etc. somehow stationed around.  There will also be a treasure chest with gold coins spilling out with a little scuba diving man (my fiance!).  I'm very excited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI loved playing with Legos as a kid; we have at least 10 bankers boxes filled, waiting for our kids to play with them. 

I found a Lego cake topper on ebay, and got it for him.  He was so excited, which gave me the idea to do a Lego piece (or pieces, stacked together), in green (his favorite color).  I can't wait to see his face when he sees it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of doing an XBox console with a Red Baron individual pizza sitting on top.  He eats a Red Baron every single night while he plays XBox. 

Ooods- just page me when you get the info.  I'm definitely interested.  Cara - I'll check that webpage out too! 

You guys all have really cute ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards