Destination Weddings Discussions

Early RSVP advice

Ok We are getting married on April 22, 2013. We sent out email save the dates telling everyone the date, location, and asking people who think they are going to make a $25 pp deposit to the travel agent by August 20th. Towards the end of July I sent another reminder email to everyone just saying that tentative RSVP date is rapidly approaching and if you plan on getting in on group rates send in your deposit by August 20th. 

We still plan on sending out formal inventations some time in December. 

Well even though we've had a few people tell us they're coming through word of mouth, I've just been informed by the travel agent that only my immediate family and four other friends have submitted their depositis right now. This makes me worried because we need to have a certain amount of people staying at the hotel in order to have the group rate. And the first deposit date passed more than a week ago.

I"m wondering if and how I should follow up with the other people I sent the save the dates to see if they are coming or plan on staying at the hotel. The reason why I don't know if I should is because I don't wantt to assume they were planning on staying at the hotel we choose and it's still early considering the wedding is in April 2013. 

So should I call those people to see what they're plans are or if they are staying at the hotel we chose? How should I say it? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Early RSVP advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards