Destination Weddings Discussions

Welcome Reception and Invites

If you are having a welcome reception... are you including this info on your invites/rsvp? How are you doing this? I totally forgot to put this info on the rough drafts of our invites, and now I am faced with ordering another card to include the welcome reception info. I also have a wedding website, I wonder if I can use this instead of ordering another card (they cost just as much as the invite itself).

Any suggestions?

Re: Welcome Reception and Invites

• We have the info on our website. We have a little card in the invite that says to check out our website for all those details
  • I'm didn't include it on the invitations because we just recently decided to have a welcome party. Ours will be very simple - just everyone having dinner in a closed off section of the hotel restaurant. 

I included it on the wedding website, will be sending it in emails, and just calling to let people know. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did put it in our invites, but we also made our own pocket invites, so the cost wasn't an issue.  I put it there to encourage people to fly down sooner than the day before, which so far seems to be working (most people so far are flying down on Friday for a Monday wedding). The info is also on our website, but I'm not sure how many people are actually checking the site (particularly the older - and for us partially international - crowd).
  • I have the info on my website, and am including it in a welcome letter that will be in each guest's welcome bag in their room. I did not include any info on the invitation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards