Destination Weddings Discussions

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,
I am a longtime knottie but new to the destination board.  After alot of discussions, frustrations, and everything else you can think of my fiance and I have decided that we are going to have a destination wedding (YAY!!!!!).  So we are currently looking for locations within the continental US.  For many reasons involving peoples fears of flyings and boats.  

So what I wanted to ask you girls (and maybe a boy or two) what places do you think would be good to have a wedding.  We are looking at around 30 people max and our budget will probably be around 5K for everything.  (that price does not include dress, tux, invites)

Thank you for any input! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi Everyone

• What about the Jersey shore since you are from Philly? You could do it in Cape May or Ocean City. Also have you heard of Smithville, NJ? It is this amazing little historic town, I have been to a couple of weddings there.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What kind of setting are you looking for? Do you want a beach or are you thinking something else?
  • Welcome to the board.  This is a perfect place for you.  There are so many places to get married.  You could do the Outer Banks in NC, the Jersey Shore or you could even look for a place in the woods.  It all depend on what you and FI are looking for.  When you imagine your wedding, what do you think of?  Is it beach or mountains? 
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Do you guys have any favorite spots or any ideas of what you were looking for? The US is kind of a big area, lol.

Are you looking to have just a ceremony and a dinner/lunch or were you looking to have a whole reception with dinner/dancing/cake/etc? From what I've seen 5K might be a bit of a stretch for that but if you are flexible and willing to spend time researching I'm sure you can find something that will fit your needs!

If you had an idea of spots around the country you like you could look into the park systems in those areas? They are usually the more economical options - and typically (at least around here) give you the most options with what you do food/drink wise without restrictions of a required vendor list.

Good Luck and congrats on picking a destination wedding!! Smile
  • I think you can do it!! And I agree, Florida or the Carolinas are pretty!
  • Welcome to the board!  I think you can pull something off within driving distance!  I agree with previous posters...decide what sort of setting/scenery you are looking to have and go from there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well we know that we do not want anywhere cold and I live without the beach.  We are aiming for the east coast from DC down to Florida.  Disney does an Escape package for about $5K but I am looking else where as well.  I am lucky that my Aunt is a travel agent so she can arrange everything.

I really like the idea of a southern plantation house style as a venue.  That kind of arcultecture is the kind of thing I am all about.  My fiance is okay with this idea and generally anything I like.  

So the south is kind of the area we are looking at and I am hoping to find something soon!

P.S. Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we have one disney bride, Faith, if she pops in maybe she can offer some insight!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Savannah is really pretty. I am sure you can find something there that will fit. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards