Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*anyone here tonight?*

DH and I just got back from the Ooka in Doylestown. Going to say the food there is a little better, but the atmosphere in Willow Grove Ooka was better. That's my only review as I don't eat sushi :-).

Anyone do anything fun or exciting this weekend? I got tulips, they are pretty.

Re: *anyone here tonight?*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went for Sushi on Friday :)  We stayed local though, theres a place a few seconds from our house thats a combo chinese/japanese restaurant that has surprisingly good sushi.  Just got back from the movies, saw She's out of your league, it was funny but probably not worth seeing in the movies... It's one of those friday night on-demand sort of movies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here too, spent all weekend packing the house. I made an awesome pierogie pizza casserole for dinner tonight and DH and I just watched Zombieland, which was surprisingly good.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like sushi.

It was FI's turn to go grocery shopping today and he brought me back a patch of clovers.  St. Patricks day was always a big deal in my house b/c it's my parents anniversary. Hopefully the luck of the Irish will be with me Wednesday b/c I'm going dress shopping agian.  I have under 8 months and I'm starting to get nervous that I haven't found the dress yet.   Glad you had fun!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, have you found any dresses you like at all?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yep...i tried on the dress that I have in my bio.  I liked it a lot but since trying it on I don't think I want all that ruching and I think I'd prefer a sweetheart neckline. I'm saving that as a backup dress if I don't find anything within another month because I did like the way I looked in it and for the first time I did feel like a bride when I tried it on.  I've been to countless places and just haven't been wowed yet.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww it's cute! I thought i wanted something like that and wound up with all lace! I didn't want an ounce of lace!!

Try on stuff even you don't think you would like you may be surprised! Good luck!
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here too.  I've been home sick most of all weekend, but we were able to pick out our invitations and tuxes - so that's two checks!  Now I just need to get productive with the paper I need to write for class.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies.  Went out on Friday night with DH to Anthony's in Malvern to celebrate our first weekend together as homeowners.  Split a bottle of wine and had a fantastic and joyful date night - such fun.  We were in such a good mood, which made it one of our better dates in a long time. 

Saturday was spent doing a little grad school work and then heading out for a St. Paddy's day drink (or two or three or four) with kagkiki, her husband, and their friends at Kildare's :)

Spent today thinking about our impending move and doing a little spring cleaning around the house.  Started throwing away all the stuff that we know we DON'T want to take with us to the new house, which equaled six huge trash bags from our living room, hall closet, bathrooms, and office/spare bedroom.  This week we now need to get two of our old computers to Best Buy for recycling and clean out the closet so we can take a donation to Goodwill. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather, that's so great you got the house!  Moving stinks but once you're in, you'll be so happy.  Congrats on being a homeowner!

I originally wanted all lace and then decided against it.  I like that dress in my bio but I think it needs a little something more to it.  My problem is that I'm petite and they always want to put me in these little dresses that look nice but I don't feel like a bride in them.  I wish I were taller so that I could wear a ballgown but it's not gonna happen.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keep trying, Stacy!  The right dress will find you just like it found me.  (and the rest of us!) I found it helpful to just stay open-minded about what I said I wanted so I wasn't pigeon-holed into a particular style. The first time I went shopping I thought I would wind up wanting something simple, but as soon as I tried on lace dresses I fell in love with how they looked.  Where are you planning on shopping this time?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Betty's in Clifton Heights.  I've already been to multiple DBs and Bridal garden in Jersey as well as Lizelle's in Havertown.  I'm just getting nervous b/c of the time.  I'm lucky to have my own seamstress so that I don't have to deal with the stores but I'm still worried about time.  I just hope I'll get that Wow feeling that I hear about. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'M SO SICK! :(:(:(:(

I need to get better because I have my make-up trial today and my menu finalization on Wednesday!

Stacylynn- have you tried Maggie Sottero's Hunter dress?  It has the same bodice, but without the pick-ups.  You can also add the straps.

www.gatesbridesworld.com/images/Wedding%20Dresses/Hunter.jpg

or the Adele is lovely too, but a little more simple
    http://qdress.com/Upfiles/adele.jpg

I agree with PP though- try on things you NEVER thought you would wear.  I swore off strapless and beading.  I wanted nothing to do with it.
    Then Michelle at Country Bride and Gent pulled a dress out and said 'Just try it.  Trust me" and I fell. in . love.

Good luck on shopping.. let us know how it turns out (with pictures!!)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Amer!  I'm at work checking this real fast on my break but I'll take a look at those links tonight when I get home.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards