Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

** RA and Rachel **

Are you two doing programs? If so, wanna share yours with me? I'm still trying to decide/design.

BTW - One more weekend and then wedding weekend!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ** RA and Rachel **

• edited December 2011
    Ah it is so crazy!!! I have my bachelorette party on Sat! RA had hers, Bean did you have yours?

I did the ceremony program fan. I would not recommend it unless you have 40+ hours to spare. The sections I had though were welcome, bridal party, ceremony order, thank you and in remembrance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really pretty!! Did you cut it all out yourself?

I had my bachelorette this past weekend! We went to the shore from Thurs-Sun. It was wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that's awesome! My MOH is my sister and she's a few months shy of 21 so I'm really just hoping for a beach day.

Yeah, I cut out all of them by hand, by myself. That is what really takes a long time so I would not suggest it to anyone without a lot of time on their hands!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you get your beach day! I highly recommend wearing tons of sunscreen - I have some strange tan lines that I'm going to need to get rid of before the 3rd.

Your program looks amazing! You wouldn't by any chance have a template that I can use, would you? I have some time on my hands and like the fan idea for the outside ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I got the instructions and template from here: http://www.ayleebits.com/2006/06/10/diy-fan-programs/

FBIL actually used InDesign or a similar program to design it but the template on the site is in word and seems pretty easy to use. I bought the Crop-A-Dile tool for the eyelet setting off of Amazon but I've seen it in Michael's too. I think that saved a good amount of time. We ordered the paper from Vistaprint but you could print it from home too. We did do a trial though with 65 lb card stock and it seemed a little flimsy so I would try to do a heavier one. 

Overall, it's easy, just time consuming.

There is also the paddle fan which I like too, but doesn't seem like it would hold as much info on it. http://www.ayleebits.com/2008/02/17/diy-paddle-fan-program/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah... I haven't done this yet... I'm not doing something as involved as Rachel. I wanted to, and then realized that I would turn into an insane person if I did something that involved.  I'm just having something that's folded in half length-wise.  I have the meat written... I just need to write a thank you and figure out what I want on the cover. 

I may steal from Rachel :)
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards