Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Huge check this morning....

Got our marriage license!!!!  When Josh was signing his part, he kept saying, "This is crazy, this is crazy..."  Hahahahah!!!  One less thing to do when we get to Key West!  Kind of nice to have the opportunity to get it out of the way since we're staying in the same state!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Huge check this morning....

• Options
    That is great to have that out of the way!  And funny about him saying 'this is crazy...'  haha!

I need to look into how far in advance you can get them.  If we go to KW in Sept/Oct we may get ours then so that we don't have to worry about that when we get in town for the wedding!
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds like a fun check!!  This is a "you're getting really close" check!!  Yay!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_huge-check-this-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:51294829-53d5-4057-99e9-66ca730ae395Post:fcbe11ea-48a7-471b-8d66-9836d0d0478e">Re: Huge check this morning....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to look into how far in advance you can get them.  If we go to KW in Sept/Oct we may get ours then so that we don't have to worry about that when we get in town for the wedding!
    Posted by TrudM75[/QUOTE]

Its 60 days.  I was just out on the Palm Beach County website getting info about it.  <a href="http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/marriagelicenses.aspx#waitingperiod" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Clicky</a>.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thanks Cathy!  I think that we will miss it by a couple of days if we are there in Late Sept/Early Oct.  Oh well!
  • Options
    YAY!!!!  Super huge and super close!!!!!  I still can't believe you are only 3 weeks away!  EEEEEEEEE!
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Trudy... They're good for 60 days!  If you go after Oct. 7th, you'll be good!  Also, keep in mind there's a 3 day waiting period from the time you get the license from the time you can get married.  So, if you get married Sat, you need to be there by Thursday to get it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is a huge check! Awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Omg yay!!!! Great check!!! You are so close!!!!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Yay! Big check and so surreal!!! I can't believe your wedding is in 3 weeks! Wow
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Emily - For some odd reason that 3-day waiting period only applies to Florida residents.  No waiting period for non-residents!  I thought this was strange, but that is what the site says!
    (thanks for the heads up though!)
  • Options
    Woo that's awesome!! It definitely has to feel real now! :)
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay ! I am so excited for that check !
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Fab check!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards