Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

XP: AHR ideas needed

Hey ladies!  I have a celebration planned for 3 weeks after my DW (just the two of us!)  It will be a champagne brunch for about 100 guests.  After much back and forth with our families, we have decided that we want it to be a celebration of our marriage and not wedding receptionish, therefore we are leaving out almost all the elements of a traditional wedding reception (first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc...)
We will play a dvd of our ceremony and cake cutting and play a slideshow of our wedding pics.  I would like to incorporate something else into my celebration without re-doing anything we did (or should have done) on our wedding day.  I am at a loss as to what to do (if anything), any ideas?

Re: XP: AHR ideas needed

• Options
    Maybe you guys or whoever is hosting could make a toast ? And perhaps have some kind of interactive guestbook ? I would just think of things that normally happen at an anniversary party or something ... that way it is not really a reception but still a celebration of your marriage.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That's basically what we're doing too, only it's dinner vs brunch.

We're not doing anything wedding-ish really either, but we also plan to show pictures of our wedding/slideshow etc. I would agree with a toast maybe, we're planning on getting up and just thanking everyone for coming.

I wouldn't worry about keeping people entertained too much. Eating is fun enough! :)
  • Options
    WE are having pupus and tropical drinks since we are getting married on Maui. There will also be cupcakes. We plan on showing a video from the wedding, having a guest book and some games set up. Really it's just a backyard party at our house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards