Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Gifts for parents

Hi!

I think this is the most I have ever posted. LOL.

Anyhow, what are people getting their folks and in-laws as gifts? Or aren't you?

TIA,
Shannon

Re: Gifts for parents

• Options
    I am still in the early stages of planning, so this is a good question for the both of us. I am unaware of the protocol is... hopefully some of the other ladies can shed some light on this one for us :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i'm in the same boat as boath of you. do you need to get then seperate gifts if they dont help pay for the weddign also what about parents who are divorced?

Photobucket
  • Options
    We aren't planning on gettin anything for our parents. We just plan o. Thanking everyone for travelling to Florida. Since we are staying at my parents house for a few days we will probably buy them dinner or something.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We didn't get them anything for the wedding but after our pictures came in we made them really nice photo books, we made them on our MacBook which was so easy and the ship was the quickest ever (it was printed in Oregon on monday or Tuesday and shipped to toronto Canada on Friday) the photo quality on the page was really good also. It cost us just under $80 for 52 pages. I was impressed! They really liked the album
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • Options
    We're getting them professional albums, I think.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We aren't getting them anything to give them at the wedding, but like PPs we are making them wedding albums.
  • Options
    We got them albums of our engagement photos, a 5x7 frame we got on Maui and a selection of 5x7s of our engagement photos. They all loved them. 
  • Options
    Photo books it is then. =) Plus, that way we don't have to haul the gifts down and they don't have to haul them back. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    For my first wedding I did engraved frames and put a 5x7 pic in it. For this wedding, since we eloped, we really didn't need to do gifts, but I gave parents enlarged photos and gave my mom a photobook. She loved it!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I got my dad an aged rum from Costa Rica. We are getting wedding albums made to give them as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and we got DH's parents a very nice engraved frame with two spots to put pictures.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards