Destination Weddings Discussions

Can we talk about music?

A lot of people mentioned music in their "To Do" lists today. FI and I are working on that, but haven't gotten far. We need 4 songs: Processional, signing of paperwork, recessional, and a song to be played during our toast afterward. We've got the processional picked out: we are cheating and using 2 songs. My friends will come down the aisle to Pachbel's Canon in D on guitar. Then I am walking down to "Here Comes the Sun," also on guitar. We're downloading all the songs and having the resort use our iPod. What songs are you all thinking of for your ceremonies? I know not everyone is getting hitched in the beach, but it is a bit of a challenge to find appropriate songs and I'm hoping to brainstorm a little.

Re: Can we talk about music?

• GREAT post!!! I'm curious to see everyone's response; I have our 1st dance (most important) but that's about it ;-) I'm torn between more traditional songs and "beachy" music.

Our 1st dance will be "Para tu Amor" by Juanes

For the ceremony I like the following but no decisions have been made:

-Somewhere over the rainbow
    -I'm Yours
    -Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait
  • I'm thinking of an instrumental version of Etta James' "At Last" for my walk down the aisle (FI and I have been together and been through a LOT)

For other things we've talked about Jason Mraz - I'm Yours, I won't give up
    Postal Service - Such Great Heights
    Over the Rainbow/ Wonderful World - version by IZ (Hawaiian)

We will also have music playing during/after dinner and we haven't even begun to think about that!!
  • I totally need to talk about music!  But I am super busy at work :-(  hope to get the dirty details later!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Totally was thinking of the "Over the Rainbow/Wonderful world, too!!  I LOVE that song :-)<div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_can-we-talk-about-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:586afea8-4f84-4009-b765-20fe347efedbPost:c13e3e26-d5ac-46ac-88bf-dc251535b176">Re: Can we talk about music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking of an instrumental version of Etta James' "At Last" for my walk down the aisle (FI and I have been together and been through a LOT) For other things we've talked about Jason Mraz - I'm Yours, I won't give up Postal Service - Such Great Heights <strong>Over the Rainbow/ Wonderful World - version by IZ (Hawaiian)</strong> We will also have music playing during/after dinner and we haven't even begun to think about that!!
    Posted by WinoGrrl[/QUOTE]

</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That "Over The Rainbow" song is great for weddings, but it won't be at mine. FI and I have a running joke about my theory that no matter which station I listen to on Pandora, that song will play. Korn Radio? You must want to hear the Hawaiian guy! I've burned out a bit. We might go with some Jack Johnson... "Better Together" comes to mind.
  • DH walked down to Tiny Bubbles. MOH walked down to Over the Rainbow/ Wonderful World. I walked down to Can't Help Falling in Love. At the end the Hawaiian wedding song was played. Our first dance was to Dean Martin's Dance and Sway. 
  • I am not having a bridal party and for me I am during a certain part of a song, Dream by Priscilla Ahn.There is a minute in the middle that is all instrumental and I LOVE IT! So i will have that. 

I have just started playing with the idea of a sand ceremony with a picture frame and might do Train Marry me. Possibly My immortal by vitamin string quartet

After for our walk as a married  couple :) I am still playing and listening to my pandora for ideas!! Maybe marry you by Bruno Mars. Idk tho really whether to go serious or a fun upbeat song. 

Love the idea of Better Together Jenny! 

First dance Cant take my eyes off of you Lady Antebellum
    Anniversary
  • Love this post and so excited to share my music with you all!

Prelude:
    "Air on the G String" (Johann S. Bach)
    "Hornpipe" (from Water Music Suite), (George F. Handel)
    "Claire de Lune" (Claude Debussy)
    "Spring," Allegro, (from The Four Seasons), (Antonio Vivaldi)
    "Shadow of the Day" (Vitamin String Quartet)
    "Marry Me" by Train - (Divisi Strings' Ampd Quartet)
    "Beethoven's 5 Secrets - One Republic" (The Piano Guys)

Bridesmaids Processional
    :
    Canon in D

Bridal Processional: (this is the only one I'm keeping a secret :) )

Recessional:
    Having trouble deciding...
    "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" (Stevie Wonder)
    "Walkin on Sunshine" (Katrina and the Waves)
    "More Than a Feeling" (Boston)
    "I'm a Believer" (Smashmouth)
    "Boogie Shoes" (KC & the Sunshine Band)
    "Life is a Highway" (Rascal Flatts)
    "Higher and Higher" (Jackie Wilson)
    "Don't Stop Believin" (Journey)
    "All You Need is Love" (Beatles)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards