Destination Weddings Discussions

Help with wording on Welcome Party Card (XP from invites and Vegas boards)

Morning all!

We are doing a destination wedding in Vegas and in lieu of a rehearsal dinner (not doing a rehearsal) we are treating all of our guests to a "welcome party." We are renting a double decker bus and they will drive your party down the strip on a tour, stop for pictures at major landmarks, etc.

We are doing pocketfold invites (ordering my printable PDF on etsy today! yay!) and I would like to put all of this information on a separate card. Instead of a directions card (drive to airport, get on plane, fly) I feel like this information would be best, especially for those planning their travel.

How would you word this card? I'd like to make it a little fun... but get all the pertinent information across.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Help with wording on Welcome Party Card (XP from invites and Vegas boards)

• Hi... I'm in the exact same senario!  We did booklet style invites and I just used one of the layers as a welcome party invite....

Here's our invite from the front

Here's what it says in the Welcome Party layer:
    Crap - it's saved PDF so I can't upload it. :(

But it says...

Please join us for a
    Welcome Party
    on the eve of the wedding
    April 19th, 2012
    from 5-8PM

Beer, Wine and h'dourves will be served

ISLAND ATTIRE

Hope that helps! :)  If you want to see it, let me know and I'll snap a pic tonight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok, that actually helps a bunch. I love your invites BTW.

maybe something about "private double decker tour bus will take our group to see all the important Vegas sights"

Also- we are going to provide some beer, but if someone wants different they will have to bring it. Do you think this is rude? We are hosting a 3 hour full open bar at the reception, so I kinda don't feel like getting our 50 guests tipsy in Vegas on our dime 2 nights in a row. Rude or Not rude?
  • Nope, not rude at all ... I don't think there is a need to drink people up two nights in a row.  If you want to, throw something on the invite so that people know that you're only providing beer.  That's why I put "Beer, wine and h'dourves (sp??)" b/c I didn't want anyone to think they were getting a full meal haha! :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!  Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not rude at all...I think beer is plenty generous!

For ours, we had something similar to EmilyL...

Please join us for drinks and a casual dinner the night before the wedding.
    Friday, April 27 at half after seven
    Please RSVP for this event on the enclosed reply card.

I didn't specify what the drink or dinner would be, just figured people would find out when they get there!

I like your idea to include the info about the private bus tour, that is a super cool event and will get people that much more excited about the weekend :)

• I just finished my invitations to our welcome dinner today! We put:

You're invited to attend a
    Hukilau
    Welcome dinner and
    July 4th celebration

4 July
    Paia, Hawaii

Join us at 4pm
    Maid of Honor's lanai
    Inn at Mama's Fish House
    Refreshments and dinner will be provides

Please RSVP password to RSVP
    address to wedding website

It has cute graphics throughout.

We put a card in our pocketfold with all of the week's activities so guests knew about it as soon as they got their invitations. You can see a picture of it on my blogs, if you like.  The link is below.
  • awesome suggestions from all! I guess I was putting too much thinking into this instead of wording it like just a party. 

Thanks for the compliment on the idea mrsbuttons - it is actually pretty popular on the Vegas board but I know it will be a HUGE hit with our guests. Those that already know about it are talking more about that then the wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards