Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Snack Exchange Recipe

so since Nicole raved about my cookies, I'll post the recipe and then a few tricks that my mom uses when she bakes them.

No-Bake Fudge Cookies
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 of butter
3 cupes of rolled oats (those quaker oats are what we use)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of cocoa (we use Hershey's cocoa)
1/2 cup of peanut butter

okay, these are directions directly from my mom on how she makes them step by step.

In a saucepan, start melting the butter on medium-high heat. When the butter has started to melt, add the sugar and milk. Once the butter is completely melted, add the cocoa and stir all up. Keep a constant stir until it starts boiling (DOES NOT need to be a fast stir). When it starts to rapid boil, turn down to a medium heat for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. After that, take off heat and add (in order) vanilla, peanut butter, and then oats. Mix well and drop from teaspoon onto waxed paper.

She only adds peanut butter because when she was younger she was in 4-H and that's how they made them. So if you don't really like peanut butter, you don't have to add it.

Hope everyone's cookies turn out great if you make them!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
**Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**

Re: Snack Exchange Recipe

• Options
    Oh wow, that sounds soooo yummy!  Thanks for sharing!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    mmm, I'm gonna have to give making these cookies another try. I love them!!

ETA: Thanks for posting the recipe and detailed instructions! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    if you make them, let me know how they turn out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards