Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

check/ dress vent...

Sorry I haven't been on in a while!
But we finally got the std's done and out, the website up and running, the cruise booked, location set, and dress!!!

BUT about the dress... well I know every bride is different, and I am totally the undecisive type, with everything really, and especially with clothes! So picking a dress was not the exception! I had such a hard time with it! I was soooo confused afer the first time I went to try some on. The whole week I was stressing thinking if I had picked the right 3 choices to choose my final one from. When I went back, I still had that doubt, but I picked one! I like it a lot, but am I supposed to be all giddy and sentimental about it? Cause if I am, I totally wasn't! I still have that, "what if that wasn't "the one" thought at the back of my head. Am I going to love it when I go back to the first fitting? Everyone else loved it but MOM of course. She is so conservative, a strapless was not an option for her, which is what I totally went with! And I am not used to wearing strapless, so I did feel a little weird in it, but I loved the way I looked in it, except for the insecurity that the tatas are going to come out and play!!!! I am trying not to think about it because its too late! lol I picked it and my sister was soooo awesome and paid for it! The only thing that makes me feel better about the whole situation is not thinking about it, and knowing that I think I looked good in the dress.... dum dum duuuuuum....

Sorry for the vent, had to get it out!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: check/ dress vent...

• Options
    another thing... I didn't order the dress in white. I tried it on in Ivory and since I liked the way it looked in that color, I was scared to order it in white and not like it as much! lol geez I am a mess!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can't imagine the feeling a bride gets when she trys on "the one". I just wasn't the type to fall in love with the dress. As long as I feel good in it, i'm good to go. This is the most important day in my life so far but a dress is just a dress. I had such a fiasco with my first dress because I'm also so picky with clothes that I ended up running myself into a debacle and losing money on it. My second dress is REAL and that's the best part about it.

So I guess to sum up my rant, no. I don't think its weird that you didn't melt into a pile of mush when you found "the one". You'll look stunning and your groom will melt into a pile of mush. But that's because the dress isn't "the one" you are!
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Options
    Don't worry - I didn't have the "OMG this is THE ONE" moment with my dress either.  I looked around at 3 different shops and ended up getting the dress I picked originally at the first store.  I like the dress.  Do I think there might possibly be a better choice for me somewhere out there that would completely knock my socks off?  Yes, I do.  However, I got a dress that I like, it looks good on me, everyone I took with me agreed that it was the best option, it's affordable and it's available in my size so I'll have it before the January wedding with plenty of time for alterations.  I never expected to burst into tears over a dress (not that there's anything wrong with that reaction - I think it's awesome when people are THAT certain about their dress! - it's just not my personality...) but I fully expected to just know that it was the right choice and I don't feel that way.  I think you just have to be happy with the decision you made - unless, of course, you really didn't like it and you let people talk you into it!!  (Which i hope is not the case for you!)
    I think you'll be fine!!  Be sure to share pics with us when you get it!!  And congrats on getting the dress checked off your to-do list!
  • Options
    Don't lose sleep over it. I am not a gushy bride either. I knew I would never have the OMG moment with tears. It's just not me. I had an idea in my head, and when I found it and it looked good on me, I took it. Of course there could always be another dress out there, but the key is not to look. LOL. You found a dress that you look fabulous in...so don't worry :)

imageimage

Married: November 24 & 25, 2010 in Costa Rica

My Planning Bio - updated 11.14.10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks ladies!!! you have no idea how good it makes me feel after your posts!! I like the dress and everyone else did too, it was affordable and I felt good in it.

I have some pics, but umm... how do I go about posting them on here??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Click the little picture of a tree in the toolbar and select the pictures you want to share from your computer.

Yay! Pics!!!

imageimage

Married: November 24 & 25, 2010 in Costa Rica

My Planning Bio - updated 11.14.10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards