Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wedding/Reception in a Restaurant

In an effort to stay within my budget I am now considering having our wedding/reception at restaurant. Has anyone been to wedding at a restaurant. If so, how was it?  Has anyone on this board been to a wedding/reception here, it's in Manayunk and it looks pretty nice:

http://www.dereksrestaurant.com/index.php
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding/Reception in a Restaurant

• gkishbauchgkishbauch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't been to a wedding/reception there, but I live in Manayunk, and I can definitely vouch for the food. I struggle to envision how they would lay out an event - the restaurant isn't one big room (there are a lot of beams and clusters of tables scattered throughout).  But, like I said, the food is stellar, so definitely worth checking out :)
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a coworker's wedding years ago.  Now, this was in Delaware not Manayunk... but the atmosphere was very cozy and intimate.  They were married in a very small ceremony (only about 20 people were invited to the ceremony) and then they had a big dinner at a popular bar/restaurant that evening. 

There are a ton of restaurants in that area that you can use for a small reception.  I know Manayunk Brewery rents out the top floor for events like that. I've never been there, but I would check that place out as well.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I also think I've been to Derek's... and if I remember correctly their food is pretty fantastic.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with that restaurant but my friend was married at a beautiful old italian restaurant off of 611. It was really perfect and exactly what she wanted. I did feel like a dance floor was missing though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl who used to come on here for married at Estia in CC. I heard it was beautiful. Might be worth checking out.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weddingreception-restaurant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1687009b-c1a4-4131-9242-bbe987c2c4adPost:b840162d-d0c9-4784-9233-fa596a12e61b">Re: Wedding/Reception in a Restaurant</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a coworker's wedding years ago.  Now, this was in Delaware not Manayunk... but the atmosphere was very cozy and intimate.  They were married in a very small ceremony (only about 20 people were invited to the ceremony) and then they had a big dinner at a popular bar/restaurant that evening.  There are a ton of restaurants in that area that you can use for a small reception.  I know Manayunk Brewery rents out the top floor for events like that. I've never been there, but I would check that place out as well.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

Now that you mentioned it...I have been to Manayunk Brewery upstairs banquet room..it was pretty nice! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weddingreception-restaurant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1687009b-c1a4-4131-9242-bbe987c2c4adPost:e87685b8-e820-43db-88ca-78a72965240b">Re: Wedding/Reception in a Restaurant</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also think I've been to Derek's... and if I remember correctly their food is pretty fantastic.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

Great! That's 2 votes for Yummy Food! That is SO important!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weddingreception-restaurant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:1687009b-c1a4-4131-9242-bbe987c2c4adPost:e8a70ec0-e966-454d-9f0d-d954b6451bb9">Re: Wedding/Reception in a Restaurant</a>:
    [QUOTE]A girl who used to come on here for married at Estia in CC. I heard it was beautiful. Might be worth checking out.
    Posted by Bean32[/QUOTE]

This.  I was there.  Beautiful wedding and a perfect venue for 50-75 guests.
  • tubtub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Bourbon Blue in Manayunk! It is an awesome restaurant with a fabulous decor. It also has an outdoor deck for more seating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards