Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

New and a Question about Guest List

Hello all, my name is Ashley and I am recently engaged to my best friend, Andre.  We are planning for a DW in *probably* the Dominican for the first week of December, so everything is feeling a little hectic at the moment!

We are still working on picking a location, and I think it will depend on who we expect to come.  If it turns out that more family and friends are able to join us, we would like to pick somewhere a little more budget friendly for them.  Alternatively, if it's just going to be us and our parents, we'll pick somewhere a little higher end and have a AHR.

So my question is this... what's the best way of going about finding out if people would be likely to come?  Can you just call and ask?  We have a tentative date set, would it be inappropriate to call and say "Hey, we're getting married down south December 1, do you think you could join us?"?

Also, if enough of the people important to us are able to attend, we'll probably skip the AHR and just make personal visits to those who were unable to attend after the wedding.

Is any of this inappropriate?  I'm so new to this whole thing and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  But i'm glad to be here and look forward to planning with all of you!  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards