Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

What did your FI/DH get you for Christmas?

FI got me a 'spa' set that has a neck pillow/massager, eye mask and slippers. 

He also got me a 'Keepsake Bridal Bible', which has a page in it that's signed on the wedding day by the officiants, and witnesses. He had it customized with our wedding date: 

He also got me this beautiful frame that lets you record a message on it. He recorded Mark 10: 8-9, which is a passage we would like said at our wedding:

He also ordered the jewellery I fell in love with, but it hasn't arrived yet lol he was so bummed out but I told him he's fine, it has until Sept to arrive ;) Here's the picture from the site: 

Re: What did your FI/DH get you for Christmas?

• Options
    Very nice! We are going to the ice wine festival in Niagara Falls as our gift to each other. We decided early that we wanted to save for Hawaii so we were doing no other gifts but the trip. We did exchange cards which I always love!!!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    FI got me fuzzy socks and a water bottle holder for when I go running.  That's all I really wanted.  We're trying to save $$ and be responsible.  I got him hobo gloves for when he gets called out to a crime scene in the cold, he was really excited about that.  Merry Christmas
  • Options
    Nice gifts!
    I got a Keurig coffee machine and a Pandora bracelet with 2 charms: an opal (October's stone - our anniversary, when we got engaged and when we are getting married) and a dolphin (I've always wanted to swim with dolphins, it's even on my "board" and I'll get the chance to do it when we go to Puerto vallarta for our wedding!).
    I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Merry Christmas, ladies!!!

So, FI and I said we were not getting Christmas OR bday gifts for each other (our bdays are 1/4 and 1/13) b/c we're going to Key West for our planning trip next month and we need a new dining table and coffe table and end tables - all of those were going to be our Christmas/Bday gifts.

I actually stuck by that and got him NADA, and my sweet FI surprised me last night w/ the cutest pink Michael Kors flip flops!  They're SOOOO cute!  I kinda feel like a jack-ass - it would normally be me that gets something for him when we agreed on no gifts, which is why he did that haha!  Go figure!  Luckily he has a bday on 1/4 so I can make up for it! :)

Glad to hear you all had a great Christmas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Fi gave me the pair of uggs I wanted and a heart pendant necklace. Plus a few other small things.
    April 2012 - October Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Awww those are all such great gifts :)

DH got me a new digital camera because my old one is just crap now and then a bunch of lotions, body washes, bubble baths and 2 candles :)  Exactly what I wanted :)
  • Options
    We are going on vacation in January so that was our present to each other. I did just buy him a Star Wars desk calendar for work. It was 50% off so it was like $7! Good deal!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

We decided to do a combined Christmas present of a new mattress ! Ours was a hand-me-down and we were in need of a new one. He did give me a few things under the tree...yoga pants, scarf, purse.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing. Our planning trip in a couple weeks is our Christmas and Birthday gifts to each other. 

Sounds like everyone got some fun stuff. 
  • Options
    Sounds like some great gifts! 

Kayla - loving your picture in your siggy! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_did-fidh-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:78e26308-c734-43f9-9b83-fafbb755716dPost:0e0477c3-e867-4c53-aabf-9c2ca3b2058b">Re: What did your FI/DH get you for Christmas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like some great gifts!  Kayla - loving your picture in your siggy! 
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

Thanks girly!  I think I've decided this is one of my all time favorites out of all the pics...
  • Options
    I know I'm late to the party, but even though FI and I agreed on no gifts since we have a wedding in 6 months (EEEEEEEK!!!!)  he still go me something....

he got me a beautiful ring...  although it looks like it could be diamonds, it's not...they are swarovski crystals. 

I've been eyeing it for a while but he had no idea! I really want a pave diamond band for my right hand, but they are pretty pricey, so this one is perfect! I was surprised.....

I got FI a DVD and some Chicago Bears pj's with one of our Epics framed in a nice silver frame for his desk at work :)
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_did-fidh-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:78e26308-c734-43f9-9b83-fafbb755716dPost:623b027a-ae38-4f60-944c-42dc8a195738">Re: What did your FI/DH get you for Christmas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What did your FI/DH get you for Christmas? : Thanks girly!  I think I've decided this is one of my all time favorites out of all the pics...
    Posted by Kayla&Brian412[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I can see why :) Glad to see you around on here more again, it was weird when you weren't lol </div><div>
    </div><div>Jen - Told you on Fbook but will tell you here too, I love that ring :) </div><div>

</div>
  • Options
    FI and I went overboard for Christmas.  My big presents were a blue diamond ring, Coach purse, Ugg boots and a set of top of the line Henkle knives.  He also got me a giant Om-nom from the game Cut the Rope which I carry around like a 2 year old.  I will post a picture of that when FI sends it too me.  :)
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I love different coloured diamonds! (Clearly with my black diamond hahaha)
  • Options
    FI & I are in love with the blue diamonds.  We though about getting the for our wedding rings but decided on white diamonds.

Here is a pic of Omnom.  I love him!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We are also on a very limited budget right now and trying to save money, so we didn't go crazy this year like we have in the past.  Fi got me a new scale (our old one was anywhere from 7.3-10 pounds off and has been driving me crazy since I'm trying to get in shape) and perfume.  They were the perfect gifts :)

I love that ring Cathy!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_did-fidh-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:78e26308-c734-43f9-9b83-fafbb755716dPost:c247557a-edac-4c98-b19a-1b421601cbbe">Re: What did your FI/DH get you for Christmas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI & I are in love with the blue diamonds.  We though about getting the for our wedding rings but decided on white diamonds. Here is a pic of Omnom.  I love him!!
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's so cute :) 

</div>
  • Options
    Sounds like some fun stuff!  I'd love to on vacation right now, lol.

Our birthday's are so close to Christmas that we usually have a combined limit.  So for my birthday I got a box set of Harry Potter movies, lol.  For Christmas I  got a Kindle Fire from my parents so FI got me a case for it and he gave me a massager, some CD's, and some brown leggings I've really been wanting.  He got spoiled this year and my whole family and I pitched in and got him a new laptop which he REALLY needed.

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,  sounds like you all had wonderful Christmas's.  I love the blue diamond ring!
    My FI has a thing about making all my dreams come true so for Christmas he is crossing one more thing off the list and is taking me on a Caribbean cruise in January 2013.  We have no more vacation time in 2012.  I love this man so much!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Since our wedding is early 2013, we'll wait until next year's holidays to do the "save on gifts" thing, but this year, he got me an initials ring (it's a silver twisted band with a silver heart that has our initial engraved), pearl drop earrings, some DVDs I wanted, and new perfume. =) I was a very happy girl.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_did-fidh-christmas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:78e26308-c734-43f9-9b83-fafbb755716dPost:72817e75-7436-4846-a3ae-47c1171c8d94">Re: What did your FI/DH get you for Christmas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I went overboard for Christmas.  My big presents were a blue diamond ring, Coach purse, Ugg boots and a set of top of the line Henkle knives.  He also got me a giant Om-nom from the game Cut the Rope which I carry around like a 2 year old.  I will post a picture of that when FI sends it too me.  :)
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]

Love, blue is my favorite color!!!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    FI got me a NY Yankees pillow pet and the new Spyro Skylanders game which is a ton of fun. Love it! :)
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man I'm late to this but it sounds like everyone got some great gifts! FI got me an HP tablet which he got a super good deal and the Farsi level 2 Rosetta Stone :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This was one of my messages that disappeared yesterday so I will try again!

Sounds like everyone got some nice gifts!  The rings are beautiful!

My FI has been working on making all my dreams come true.  This year he checked another item off the list and has given me a Caribbean cruise for January 2013.  We already have all our 2012 vacation booked with the wedding and such.

This man is the sweetest guy I have ever met in my live and I can't wait to be his MRS!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards