I'm new to this forum and am excited about all the helpful informaiton here.. We are getting married in November 2013 in Costa Rica. We are trying to decide what to pay for and the budget is getting a little steep. We have agreed to pay for airfare for a couple of very close friends we want present and cannot otherwise afford to come. We have a large villa where they can stay as well that has separate entraces so everyone will have privacy. We are getting the villa regardless so it's not like it's an added expense for their accomodations.
The wedding is happening on Thursday and we are looking at the following events to pay for:
1. Tuesday - welcome cocktail party at our villa
2. Wednesday - some type of activity - maybe horseback riding or girls/guys activities - spa for the ladies and something for the guys.
3. Wednesday night - dinner the night before the wedding
4. Thursday - wedding reception/dinner
5. Friday - goodbye dinner for those who stay the day after the wedding
This basically allows for everyone to come 4 nights and have to only worry about breakfast and lunch and day time activities if they want to do more than lay at the beach.
We know we are asking a lot for people to travel to Costa Rica, it's expensive and a bit of a distance to travel from Chicago. We also have been before and want to share what we can with everyone.
Are we crazy for doing all this? I want to do what we can and not impose on people but I'm trying not to break the bank either.