Destination Weddings Discussions

Receptions at All-inclusive resort

Ok, so I'm booking a private reception at my all-inclusive resort. I have to pay extra for the food and private location which I am completely find with.  However, what I'm not getting is why I need to pay extra for the alcohol. I mean alcohol is included in everybody's price. 

I'm really not happy about having to pay for the alcohol, bartender, and an extra set up fee for this. Am I crazy for thinking that alcohol shouldn't be an extra cost. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Receptions at All-inclusive resort

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    If I recall correctly, I think the other girls had to pay this as well.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Ours was included at our resort as long as we kept it under 35 people. We had a private reception, 3 private waitstaff and a private bar with bartender. We had our wedding at aventura spa palace in the Mayan riviera it's now allied hard rock riviera maya (our wedding wasn't even two months ago) but its still under tha palace resorts chain, they have most of them in Mexico one in DR and I think one or two in Jamaica. How many hurts do you have?? We got our stuff free because we booked enough room nights for a group deal, so we had one private function included plus we had four free nights complimentary. See if your resort offers any group perks.
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • TerriHuggTerriHugg member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_receptions-at-all-inclusive-resort?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:9312be01-2358-49ff-a510-8e40bd0d9d9bPost:5534671a-f921-4533-b415-10b9436be786">Re: Receptions at All-inclusive resort</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours was included at our resort as long as we kept it under 35 people. We had a private reception, 3 private waitstaff and a private bar with bartender. We had our wedding at aventura spa palace in the Mayan riviera it's now allied hard rock riviera maya (our wedding wasn't even two months ago) but its still under tha palace resorts chain, they have most of them in Mexico one in DR and I think one or two in Jamaica. How many hurts do you have?? We got our stuff free because we booked enough room nights for a group deal, so we had one private function included plus we had four free nights complimentary. See if your resort offers any group perks.
    Posted by HappyMaddie[/QUOTE]

<div>Reading this makes me wish I picked somewhere else. All my resort has is a bunch of hidden fees. We are having 40 people/ 20 rooms and we got no free room, and no free private reception. All we save is $450 (the cost of one person for two nights) we don't even get a free upgrade.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am under the understanding that my reception costs include an open bar...but now I feel I have to double check my documents to be sure!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are paying a flat fee for each guest for our reception. It is a lot more expensive if we didn't do the AI option. Have you asked them about it? Sometimes they are willing to negotiate if you bring it up. 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MissVowlesMissVowles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    we have to pay for servers, bartenders, champagne, dj, photographer, dance floor, ceremony fees blah blah blahh but AL everyone has already paid for their food and booze so I don't see why you would have to pay extra for either!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had to pay overall for the reception at our AI, but it was a fee per table, not a broken down amount per person.  Was not serving alcohol an option when they presented the prices to you?  Why wouldn't someone just walk over to one of the bars?  That's so weird. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards