Destination Weddings Discussions

Hawaii or Bahamas?? help!!

Trying to decide on a Hawaii wedding or Bahamas. Any help would be appreciated!! I am planning this for August coming up!!! I need to know which island is the best in Hawaii and the name of wedding planners that are good. I need to book tickets, hotel ect. and need a wedding planner and a decent wedding package. It's only going to be the two of us and maybe the parents. Help!!

Re: Hawaii or Bahamas?? help!!

• I don't know much about Hawaii- never been, so I can't give much advice on specifics. We do have some Hawaii brides who might have advice though. 

August is right in the middle of hurricane season for the Bahamas though, so that is something to consider. It's also really hot that time of year. Of course, that means it's not prime tourist season, so you might be able to find some good deals. 

Welcome, and congrats on your engagement! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TerriHuggTerriHugg member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2013
    I'm getting married in the Bahamas. We has considered Hawaii but airfare was gonna be too much considering we live in the east coast. 

In addition, we wanted an all-inclusive resort and Hawaii doesn't have any. So that's another reason why we chose the Bahamas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My vote is for Hawaii. Especially in August. You don't want to take any chances with hurricane season. We go married on the island of Maui. It was perfect. Maui is my favorite island. There's lots of info on my planning bio and blog. Links to both, are below. I don't have any info on a wedding planner though. I planned the whole thing myself. It was super easy.

In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_hawaii-or-bahamas-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:9b471575-627c-4965-b8b6-e85a38794e6bPost:4584ab80-08d7-4827-84ea-175fb4225d7b">Re: Hawaii or Bahamas?? help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in the Bahamas. We has considered Hawaii but airfare was gonna be too much considering we live in the east coast.  In addition, we wanted an all-inclusive resort and Hawaii doesn't have any. So that's another reason why we chose the Bahamas.
    Posted by TerriHugg[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks Kimmy!
  • No problem. Any time Hawaii info or a mod is needed, let me know. You can page me on the FB page or send me a PM on FM. It's frustrating that our mod positions still haven't been passed on, but since that hasn't happened, I will pop in whenever needed. :)
  • I'm also planning a Hawaii wedding - North Shore Kauai. We've never been but some good friends suggested it to us and so far, I've had a very pleasant experience with everyone I've talked to. They're so helpful and friendly! Since it'll just be you, your FI and maybe the parents, you could plan this on your own without paying the cost of a coordinator. To save on cost, we're renting a condo because 10 days cost what 3 nights in a hotel would! 

As Kimmy stated, if you want something that's all inclusive, Hawaii isn't a good option, but with hurricane season in the Bahamas, you'll have to weigh the pros and cons. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I honeymooned in Hawaii in August and loved it. Perhaps you can rent a small house and marry on the property with the ocean in the background.
  • osayyesoosayyeso member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Hawaii Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Hawaii.weddings.com 

Wedding Countdown Ticker 

• Yay! I totally didn't realize that we had so many Hawaii gals left :)

I might have to steal all your tips as I think it may end up being our honeymoon location if I can talk FI into Fiji or Bora Bora
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards