Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

flowers or reasonable facsimile

hey ladies...

My package said that it included flowers...when i inquired she said they do all the flowers...i knew it sounded to good to be true...smh... so i contacted her today and she tells me they supply my bouqet(seaonal roses) which doubles as the flowers for the sweetheart table...thats a little tacky in my opinion...i mean what will i throw?? ok rant is done...where can I find cheap, but lovely nonetheless, flowers this late in the game( wedding is 8/14/11)

thanks!

Re: flowers or reasonable facsimile

• Options
    edited December 2011

Um... most weddings I've been to use the bride's bouquet as decoration on the sweetheart table... and if it's a head table, the bm's bouquets are used as well. Not tacky in the least.

Usually, you throw a smaller bouquet. Like, a separate one, that's much smaller. (yours is kind of sentimental and I couldn't see just throwing my bouquet and having it get destroyed. Mine will probably be dried.)

Anyway, if you could provide us with more details (area? pricing? what exactly you needed? (I couldn't tell if you meant centerpieces or bouquets) I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ri23taRi23ta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Bouquet can run from $150 to $200. I am using mine for our sweetheart table, but am also not throwing the bouquet. See what they charge for an additional centerpiece. Centerpieces are cheaper than a bouquet. Although, when does the bouquet throwing take place? Usually at the end of the night right? At that point....hmmm nobody would take notice and you probably won't be seated at your table......You'll be on the dance floor! Good luck :)
  • Options
    ashaafiashaafi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

OK...glad to know that it is not tacky...lol...sorry I'm the first to get married in my circle...lol...I guess I am looking for my grooms flower as well as my daughter/flower girl/ jr. brodesmaid's flowers and a smaller one for me to throw...

The wedding is taking place in the Mt. Airy section of philly... and I live in Jenkintown if that helps at all..I do have a DIY cousin that has offered to help but bc I thought the flowers were included I haven't done any research on flowers.a florist...and don't know where to start...and I'm on a tight budget...

silly question: is there a florist school in philly?

thanks ladies!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If your cousin is a DIY type chick, i would totally t ake her up on it. I'm doing my own- if you have a bj's or costco membership, the flowers are usually really really good priced. It also depends on the flowers. If you're looking for something more standard like roses, etc, it's going to be less expensive than say, orchids. :) You can also look online at websites like thegrowersbox.com, 100flowers.com, and places like that. :) Oh, and don't ever rule out like, 1800 flowers and proflowers- they have wedding packages available that are really pretty and reasonably priced.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the bouquet doubling as a centerpiece is a fantastic idea because guess what-- that sweetheart table is really tiny.  I barely had enough room for the plates, centerpiece and bouquet.

(Psst.. don't tell anyone, but at one point I put my bouquet on the floor to give myself some elbow room)

If you want something to throw, ask if you can add in a smaller toss away bouquet.  Or, if you are really set on tossing your original bouquet, do it towards the end of the night when the tables are being cleared.  No one will notice the sweetheart table doesn't have a centerpiece anymore ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used my bouquet as well as several of the BMs on the "head" table.  I think it looked good.

• Options
    MMTremblayMMTremblay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let your cousin help you. I am a floral designer and if she/he know how it is the perfect solution and it shouldn't cost more than $20.00. ANy number of stores including Cosco , Trader Joes, Whole Foods will have flowers that could be suitable. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards