Destination Weddings Discussions

Update Post

Ugh so much has been going on lately that I have to fill you ladies in on!

This past weekend was my first shower so FI and I drove to Nebraska.  It was a really long weekend of driving, but it was so nice to see his family.  There was about 25 people there which was wonderful!  I couldn't believe how many people came!  I got such nice gifts too!  I got an amazing crockpot that I am super excited about lol!  His 3 aunts and a cousin threw the shower.  His cousin made the cutest cupcakes! They did a beachy theme.

Under the umbrellas there are teddy grahams lounging in the brown sugar sand!

Then while we were in Nebraska one of FI's friends texted me and said that he applied for a passport and submitted his reservation form for the trip!  OMG I am so happy!  He just said it was him, but I am hoping that he booked with his brother who is also a close friend of FI's. I  just have a feeling that if one goes so will the other, but who knows.  I am waiting to hear from our TA Melissa with the updated guest list to see for sure.

Also, FI talked to his cousin while we were in Nebraska and he finally gave us a straight answer that he can't make it which is what I figured.  It is just so nice to have a straight answer!

Lastly, FI called me on his way home from work today to tell me that he got a text from his dad telling him that he, his wife, and FI's half brother are all booked for the trip? Ummmm WTF!!! They RSVP NO after telling us they were coming for months, then texted asking for booking info like they were coming again and like the no rsvp was an accident, then when we saw them said that they were not coming again which was like 2 weekends ago, and now suddenly they are all booked and paid for.... SO WEIRD!  I am happy they are coming, but am also thinking it will be a little awkward because we don't really talk to them and no one really likes him... O well.  I am glad FI will have someone else there to support him!

So now we pretty much don't know about 3 of FI's friends so I am going to have FI give them a deadline and if they haven't booked by then I will say that we will assume they are not coming and will make arrangements that do not include them and can't be changed... hopefully that will get us an answer!

Ok I think that is all for now lol!  It is getting down to crunch time for me and I am FREAKING OUT!!!!! So much to do!!!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website

Re: Update Post

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Sam glad you had a nice time at your shower. Glad one of your FIs friends are going, hopefully the brother goes too! That is weird about his dad, but at least he's going! Def get final answers from his other friends...you've only got 2 months!!! Yay
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • 1st..I can not believe you are just 6 short days from the 2 month mark... crunch time indeed!

Those cupcakes are SUPER cute :)  glad you had a nice shower...  If you find some yummy recipies for your new crock pot please share :)

YAY for one of FIs friend finally booking!  It's about time... now hopefully the other gets on board... 

I'm having a similar problem with my RSVPs... the deadline is Friday and I'm still missing 72 of them!  WTF!  Why can't people just make a decision... it's really holding up some of my planning and it's causing me to stress about the budget BIG TIME!

Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards