Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Help-board driving me AWAY!!

Girls,

Can anything be done about this board?  it is literally driving me away.  I would say 50-76% of the time I write something out, hit post, and get an error. When I go back-I have to re-type it all again.  (Honestly this is my third time trying to write and post this-I am learning to cut and paste everything and that is so annoying).   It is INCREDIBLY slow-literally I count 10-15 seconds in between every move I make, which makes reading or posting a response just plain painful.  I LOVE you girls and I love this board (normally) but this new format is horrendous.  I just am not enjoying it at all.  Can anything be done to stop the errors and speed this board up??

Thanks in advance,
-Jamie
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help-board driving me AWAY!!

• Options
    What internet browser are you using?
  • Options
    Internet explorer.  I am at work and it is my only option.  The other board worked well on IE or firefox.  One would think the designers would make it work well on any?

Also-as I said on the post that it looks like you helped me with by deleting (thank you btw), P*unta is still not allowed here.  What is up with that? 

BTW it just took me four tries to READ this thread, I kept getting error pages and then had to wait 15 seconds for load time again.  So frustrating!!

I am sorry, I don't mean to be negative, I have been waiting and waiting, thinking it will get better but it does not!  No one else is having these issues??

-jamie
  • Options
    Why don't you try logging out and then deleting all of the cookies on your computer, then log back in.
    It sounds like it might be something weird with your work servers, because it seems like you're the only one having regular problems with it. I use IE from work and Mozilla at home and haven't been having any problems.
    I did delete your post for you. You should be able to delete your posts as long as there aren't any replies to it. Once there are replies there isn't a way to delete it, you can only edit it.
  • Options
    I'm using mozilla firefox and it's "better" than IE but it still isn't that great.  I get a TON of error messages, which is why i don't post as much anymore, its a MAJOR PITA.
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2009
    I got an error message several times when I hit "post" today.  Instead of going back and re-typing it, I just hit "refresh" on my browser until it went through.  My posts came up without a problem.

That doesn't fix the error problem to begin with, of course :)
  • Options
    I will try the cookies thing but it sounds like a bigger problem since so many others are having issues.  Glad it's not just me!  Do the "powers that be" know of all the problems this board is having?  It can drive posters away-that's not good!
  • Options
    I just got an error trying to post this three times in a row.  I am honestly frustrated enough to stop posting.  Sounds like I am not the only one having issues.  I will try to clear the cookies but it is a bigger issue if you have to do that to be able to post.  Do the IT people know of the problems this board is having?
  • Options

Try using this link....it works perfectly for me. No errors and its not slow to load...best of all...no TV! Laughing

http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings

• Options
    I already have the one with no tv, but thank you!
  • Options
    I am using the link provided above, but I get error messages about 40% of the time.  I also keep hitting refresh and eventually the page goes through (including my posts).

I have teh same problem with all of the boards, not just the DW board.
  • Options
    Yes Jamie IT is aware. Sorry you're having so many probs
  • Options
    I've been getting a lot of error messages as well the past several days - both with IE (at home) and Mozilla (at work.)
  • Options
    Hi DW,

Our IT is working on the error messages as we speak and we should have a solution to this soon. Thank you for being patient and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Happy Holidays,

Knot Annie
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • Options
    Jamie, you are not alone.  I had to download Mozilla just for this board and it does work a little better on Mozilla, but I've been getting the error message for the last two days too.  Hopefully they'll fix it soon...
  • Options
    Thanks Annie for getting back to us, that is awesome.  :)  Can't wait til it is fixed!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards