Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

AHR Food FINALLY Figured out!

This weekend Drew, my daughter and my mom talked about the food for the AHR and finally got it all figured out. My daughter is even going to ask a couple of her friends to come to the AHR to help put out food and pass horderves.  The AHR starts at 3pm and we put on the invitation that there will be tidbits, pupus and tropical cocktails so no one things a full meal will be served.

There will be an open bar for the first two hours of the AHR serving up 4 different tropical drinks; Mai Tais, HibisKiss, The Relaxer and Blue Hawaiians. There will also be a self-serve non-alcoholic station with Hawaiian sodas, Hawaiian juices, mango lemonade, ice water and lilikoi ice tea. The non-alcoholic drink station will be available for the whole reception.

All of these items will be out in single servings. That way we won't need to worry about having plates and full silverware. They will be available through out the whole AHR reception:

Hawaiian Hurricane Popcorn in either little bags or cones. We will be making this.
Macadamia Nuts
Chili Lime Cashews
Hawaiian Chips
Fruit Kabobs We will be making these.

These horderves will be passed. All will be done as single servings:
Kalua Pork Sliders on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls  Having the pork catered and then throwing it on the rolls.
Chicken Pot Stickers  Mom will be making these.
Either Mochi Chicken (Hawaiian Fried Chicken Wings) Or Korean Chicken Wings- Haven't deceived which ones, yet  Having these catered.
Little containers with a mini fork in them of Hawaiian Macaroni Salad  Having this catered.

Sushi station that will be set up for guests to help themselves, too. All will be vegetarian rolls. There will be different sauces, wasabi and picked ginger to go with the sushi. All will be catered.

4 or 5 different flavors of cupcakes for guests to enjoy after we do the "cake cutting". When these go out there will be a selection of sakes paired with each flavor of cupcake. All catered.

So, what do you think?

Re: AHR Food FINALLY Figured out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards