Destination Weddings Discussions

Yesterday we were productive.. CHECKS! PIP

Ok ladies,

As promised I posted pics from yesterday! 
FI and I both had the day off yesterday... I went for my first fitting in the morning then we went hunting in the mall. I HATE MALLS! Unfortunately my cousins never ended up getting my FG a dress so we were on a mission.  I had really wanted a summer dress, nothing fancy as my girls dresses arent fancy but in the retail world, the winter is already out... Luckily we found a perfect summer dress on clearance that will do the job perfectly!

We also went and bought a set of fake rings.  My FI really didnt want me wearing my rings to Jamaica as we plan to do a lot of excursions and what not, and although they have safes in the room, he wasnt really comfortable with the idea.  I was really bummed but found a ring i love (looks a lot like a mini of mine) in Swarovski so we picked that up with a small band that i can wear and not worry about. 

Finished the night by paying for the balance of our trip, and woke up this morning with a melt down of how broke we are.  I realized we now maxed one of our CC and it totally freaked me out.. im still freaked out, but my wonderful FI helped calm me a bit.

Anyway, enjoy the pics below... sorry for the poor fitting pics but i was alone and it was hard to take self shots with pins everywhere lol!

The front of my dress (the sash is missing in this pic) 

The back (the bustle

The Sash!

My Flower Girls Dress! 

My Travel Rings (FI doesnt want me bringing my real rings, he's nervous with the excursions and all... I posted a pic of the real ones next)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Yesterday we were productive.. CHECKS! PIP

• Love ! great job!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey Jules!!!  I am glad that you had a very productive day yesterday!  I totally understand the melt down when you realize your CC is maxed out but it's great that your FI was able to help you through it.  Try not to stress about it, the things you've purchased are what you want for your big day and you want to enjoy them to the fullest with no regrets :-)

I can't see the pics b/c it takes me to a private photobucket album which asks for a password...anyone else have the same issue?
  • Just reposted Nic.. sorry, computer is freaking out! (go figure)
  • Awesome checks!!! I am sure you will not be alone with the credit card freak I will get there in about 5 months I am sure.... eeek. 

Your checks are very exciting though and great idea with the rings!
    Anniversary
  • Great checks!! Love the dress, especially with the sash! Getting "travel" rings is a good idea too - plus an excuse for more jewelry. must put on my list of todos, lol.

• I can see them!  I LOVE that dress on you!  The FG dress is so adorable, great find!  Cool idea getting travel rings...I was trying to convince FI of the same thing, still working on him.  My e-ring is sort of tall and can get snagged easily, plus my fingers tend to "shrink" esp when I'm cold, I don't want to lose my rings when I'm swimming!  Your travel ring is like a carbon copy of the real thing!  Awesome!
  • edited September 2012
    Your travel ring looks great! I am sure most people won't even notice! The dress looks great on you! I love the sash also! I feel like those sashes really make the dress. That's what made my dress pop that much more. Great find on the FG dress also!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome! Love the dress! I like the idea of travel rings too. The center diamond of my e-ring is an heirloom that was my great grandma's, and the side diamonds were my FI's grandmas (I love that he did that!). It's insured, but the sentimentality makes it irreplaceable. May have to look into travel rings. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great checks.  I love the dress!!  The travel rings are a great idea.  I am totally with you on the freak out about money.  I have them all the time.  I see all the money going out and it scares me sometimes.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • lmluna310lmluna310 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Great checks and good that your FI is keeping calm about the finances.  I hope my FI can do the same once our total starts getting high.  

I have a story why travel rings are a good idea.
    My MOH works at Kays and she told me about a girl loosing her new husband's ring on their honeymoon!  They were ziplining through a waterfall and he asked his new wife to hold his ring while he went down and it slipped out of her hand!  She said he didn't talk to her for the rest of the honeymoon :(   She was in the store buying him a new ring.  I guess the good news is he got over it and felt bad in the end, but they're having to redo their whole honeymoon since it got kind of tainted by the fight.

I still don't think we'll do travel rings, and my ring is a family heirloom from FI's grandmother.  I don't think we'll be doing a lot of excursions on our honeymoon, we're just looking to lay around and be lazy.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the dress and the rest of the checks too!!
  • Thank you ladies, im feeling better today.  Less focused on the money, more on the accomplishments.

That story is crazy about your friend and her hubbys ring.  I know id never forgive myself if anything happy to my real ring so im glad we found fakes that i love.

I started a checklist of everything that still needs to be done... (ill post shortly), but damn, i better take on one task a day. EEEK
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards