Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Ideas for Waterfront venue that is not crazy expensive?

My fiance and I are looking for a Philly or surrounding area venue that is $100pp or less including taxes and services charges or a place that could work with us to come in around that price.

Specifically we want a place that is on the water - probably the Delaware River although we are open to other options. We'd like a place that has a nice view of the water from the inside if it rains and also space for outdoor ceremony and cocktails and maybe even the reception if it is nice.

We have been to and liked Corinthian Yacht Club,The Deck at Bridgepoint, and Castle Yacht Club. All three were nice and just inside of our budget, but not perfect and I just wanted to see if there is anything out there I am missing that anyone else has seen.

I did speak with the folks at Glen Ford, Moshulu, Lakefront Inn, Seaport Museum, and Penn Ryn and all of those are a bit outside of our budget.

Ideally we'd like a place that is unique and not just the standard ballroom.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Ideas for Waterfront venue that is not crazy expensive?

• Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of the price, but the Glen Foerd Mansion is on the Delaware water front (http://www.glenfoerd.org/

As is the Pen Ryn Mansion (http://www.penrynmansion.com/wedding.html

They are both in Bensalem. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try The Chart House or La Veranda. My sister went to a wedding at The Chart House. It was very nice. Not sure of the price. I was at a graduation at La Veranda and it was nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    Jenn784Jenn784 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on time of year you want to get married- I got an e-mail from Pen Ryn Manor for a $90/person special.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    did you try bucks county? Theirs some really nice restaurants and venues on the delaware in new hope (martines riverhouse is right on the delaware) the black bass hotel in lumberville looks amazing.
    In the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a single word -Walt Whitman

Rachel & Jared est. November 11, 2006

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker My Weight Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here a new spot  on Delaware ave...we haven't been there yet to check it yet so I can't give you a review but it looks nice from the pics...

http://waterviewlounge.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend them, too. Their prices seem pretty good.

What about the Independence Seaport Museum. Their prices weren't too terrible. I think it might be doable on your $100/pp budget.
  • Options
    ShibbaSherryShibbaSherry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Deck at Harbor Pointe. It's a unique space, 15 minutes away from the airport, hotel right next door, and the price range is from $90 - $110 per person, ALL-INCLUSIVE.  They have ceremony space on the upper level deck on the Delaware River, a ballroom in the back, or a room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water, but that room can only fit around 100 people.  Cocktail hour will be outside on the lower level deck.

We had our food tasting a few weeks ago, and it is DELICIOUS!!  We are very excited and can't wait until our wedding.

Hope this was helpful!  Good luck!

www.thedeckhp.com
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you can rent the Camden County Boathouse, the rental is expensive but you might be able to cut costs and have less expensive food depending on your caterer.  Worth looking into, it looks gorgeous online. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards