Destination Weddings Discussions

**Cassidy**

Wanted to respond to your comment about the e-reader!

I am excited to get one so I can catch up on my reading and I also imagine it'll make traveling with my reading material easier, books are so bulky! I do intend on purchasing any books I fall in love with for my collection! I want to get a book shelf for the books I have now and the ones I will eventually get! For the e-reader I am looking into the kindle paper white :-)  Strictly for reading, I am avoiding a tablet like reader b/c I don't like the computer screen like glare (harsh on they eyes).
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: **Cassidy**

• The paperwhite screen is supposed to be awesome. We got nooks a couple years ago because they were the nicest currently out.  The nook doesn't bother my eyes enough to buy something new. FI really wants a paperwhite, but I keep trying to talk him out of spending money as he already has a nook, AND a tablet (he's a gadget junkie, loll). There's nothing quite like holding a real book, but the e- reader is definitely great for traveling and just generally keeping books from taking over your house :-)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013

I wonder if I should wait until the end of the year for those crazy sales, but I don't think I can wait that long since I kind of want to have it by the summer time.

I am so glad I am not a gadget junkie, I can't imagine buying something, knowing that less than a year from now they will release an even better version of that thing, lol!  Which is another reason I waited this long to buy an e-reader.  I feel like the paper white would be a good buy since it's got what I want (except for the 3G, which is no biggie b/c I have wifi...and 3G is not always the fastest).  Ugh, now I wonder if they will be coming out with one that has 3G on it, lol!!

ETA- Did my research, there ARE versions with 3G available at a great cost! Yay!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yah, lol, it's bad enough that FI is a total gadget junkie, but if we both were- we'd have no money left. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards