Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Brides Against Breast Cancer Dress Sale --- Info / Ever been?

I was just reading about how the Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation has dress sales all over the country - of both new dresses donated by designers/manufacturers and used dresses donated by former brides.  There's one in Philly on May 26 (VIP preview day) and May 27-28 (free admission general days).  Info can be found here: http://pepmembers.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1434.

Have any of you ever been to one of these?  If so, is it worth checking out?  And any advice on the VIP day versus the general day?  I think I'd be inclined to go to the VIP Day (mostly b/c it's memorial day weekend and I'd rather go to the shore on Friday!).  Any info would be much appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brides Against Breast Cancer Dress Sale --- Info / Ever been?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren--I have a friend that volunteered last year.  I'll send her an email and see what she says.  I've never been, so I couldn't tell you anything.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend says:

I did volunteer there - it was great. The VIP presale might not be a bad idea if she's a hard size to fit. The main event is basically a big room full of gowns piled in really tightly so if I were here I'd show up early and bring one or two people to help.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for reaching out to your friend!!  That's such helpful information.  If I still haven't found my dress by then, I think I'll definitely consider the VIP sale so that it's less crowded. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards