Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Is $1000//pp about right for guests costs to Mexico?

I think that sounds ok but FI thinks it's a little high. By the price of things I'm looking at, it is too low.

Undecided

Re: Is $1000//pp about right for guests costs to Mexico?

• Options
    Does that include airfare and hotel?  It sounds reasonable to me!
  • Options
    yes, airfare and AI hotel.
  • Options
    I guess it depends on where you are flying from.  Most of our guests (as do we) live in Vancouver.  Most of our guests paid $1,300 (taxes incl) from Vancouver to the Mayan Riviera, and for an AI resort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yes, that sounds right for air and all-inclusive resort stay.  That was what our goal was as well for our guests. 
  • Options
    Maybe I missed something, but how many nights are you hoping for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, that sounds about right for sure...it also depends how long your guests want to stay. I know when we book our TA is going to get prices for 3-7 nights so guests can get an idea of how much/how long they want to stay.
  • Options

My FI and I had a $1000 pp limit for a 3 to 4 night stay in Mexico including airfare. We live in PHX so we're not too far north of the border. Our TA got us 3 nights at Secrets Capri plus airfare (depending on when airfare dips back low again) for around $800. Plus, they can add a night(s) on for like $160 so I definitely think $1,000 pp in Mexico is totally doable!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yes, how many nights matters in this.  My guests paid $1200 pp for airfare from PA to PuntaCana for five nights at a five star all inclusive.  I would say that is a good price! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are thinking 3-4 nights? Flights from Texas to Mexico.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    3-4 nights should be under 1k, give or take...that part will really depend on the resort...I've stayed at some pretty nice ones though for 700-1200 5 nights to 7 nights...what coast? I found the caribbean side is generally a little more money *one may we did puerto vallarta for 5 nights for 700 the next may we did Riviera Maya and it was 1200....so it varies. but 1k should be doable :) (just so you know where we stayed, Barcelo in Riviera Maya and Melia in Puerto Vallarta both are AI)
  • Options
    Kdoyle, what did you think of Barcelo?

We are looking at Riviera Maya side of Mexico.
  • Options
    LOVED the barcelo! SO big and so much to do, my ONLY suggestion would be to pay the extra money and stay at the Palace rooms *We booked for the Beach rooms, which was the cheapest I believe, still nice but the palace was BEAUTIFUL* If you want, I can email you some pictures from that trip this weekend (week nights are madness for me) :) my email is tinkertonk8@hotmail.com, just shoot me an email if you would like me to send some! (I've gone back and forth in my mind about actually going back to the Barcelo and staying inthe palace for our wedding, but Fi wants to go somewhere we haven't been yet)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards