Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

F/U to DW Ring Clam

So, several knotties have PM'd or emailed me re: the DW Ring Clam so I thought I'd answer everyone here!  :)

Yes, there is a Ring Clam circulating.  Former Knottie, now Nestie/Bumpie Dreamsbride (Cristina) started the passing of the ring clam she used in her wedding.

There isn't a "sign-up" list for it, but it's just something that's being passed to one DW Knottie to another.  It's not like the KK where we have several circulating so mulitple people can use it ~ there is only ONE ring clam. 

I know currently, it's being used in weddings clear to February 2011. 

Hope this clarifies everything!  :)

Re: F/U to DW Ring Clam

• Options
    **Sorry-didnt mean to get that started! I wasnt even referring to "THE" ring clam, I didnt even know that there WAS a ring clam when I posted my thing asking if anyone had one! **

:(
  • Options
    Actually Meghan it was not so much being kept from people.  It was more of something that we did not make public because there is only the one and it cannot get around to everyone.  It was kept off the boards to prevent what you are trying to do!  That is to not hurt peoples feeling because the date they were getting married was already spoken for.  I have replied to many people who have asked about it and yes I have been bad about it lately due to moving, but I have tried very hard to get it to people interested.  I have done a few call out's for people to e-mail me about it when I knew the date they were getting married was available. 

This ring clam is very important to me and several older knotties as it was in so many of our weddings.  We may have been more guarded about it due to that fact, but I have never said no to any one wanting it because I did not trust or respect them. 

In fact you even suggesting this is about respect makes me feel that you are suggesting that I do not respect my fellow knotties.  I will admit that I do not always agree with every one on here, but that is how any community works.  People are different and our lives are too so we see things differently.  In most situations like this I do not voice my opinion, but this I feel that I need to say something.  I have said my piece and now I will step off my soap box.

Also I feel that if this is going to turn into mud slinging I will simple e-mail the person who has the clam now and ask her to send it back to Cristina - it's rightful owner.
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_fu-dw-ring-clam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:bd81f2b6-a340-412e-a839-c0846f548c2aPost:66345e27-c308-4f75-994c-d6fa62fcca83">Re: F/U to DW Ring Clam</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually Meghan it was not so much being kept from people.  It was more of something that we did not make public because there is only the one and it cannot get around to everyone.  It was kept off the boards to prevent what you are trying to do!  That is to not hurt peoples feeling because the date they were getting married was already spoken for.  I have replied to many people who have asked about it and yes I have been bad about it lately due to moving, but I have tried very hard to get it to people interested.  I have done a few call out's for people to e-mail me about it when I knew the date they were getting married was available.  This ring clam is very important to me and several older knotties as it was in so many of our weddings.  We may have been more guarded about it due to that fact, but I have never said no to any one wanting it because I did not trust or respect them.  In fact you even suggesting this is about respect makes me feel that you are suggesting that I do not respect my fellow knotties.  I will admit that I do not always agree with every one on here, but that is how any community works.  People are different and our lives are too so we see things differently.  In most situations like this I do not voice my opinion, but this I feel that I need to say something.  I have said my piece and now I will step off my soap box. Also I feel that if this is going to turn into mud slinging I will simple e-mail the person who has the clam now and ask her to send it back to Cristina - it's rightful owner.
    Posted by oohlypinon[/QUOTE]

Well said!
  • Options
    Sorry, I didn't intend on hurting anyone's feelings so if that's how it came off I'm sorry. 
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • Options
    Ash, you said exactly what I was thinking. I agree 100%!
  • Options
    Ummmmmm, am I the only one lost?  LOL!!  I had no clue such a thing existed and actually would be better off had I not known, but oh well, such is life.
  • Options
    No, I was lost too-sounds like it was just a miscommunication!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Denise and Jamie...someone posted a reply that they later DD'd (dirty deleted), that's probably why this thread does't make sense......
  • Options
    Ah ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards