Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Brief, But Necessary Vent

Dear Resorts -

Do not allow people to select dates that you do not have open yet to reserve. It is irritating to select dates trying to get a ball park figure and being told that there are no available spots for your date (which I'm sure is not true, you just haven't opened up the reservations yet). BTW, my wedding is 9 months away, which means, you need to open up your reservations, else I'll take my business elsewhere. And, my wedding is 9 months away...why the h*ll haven't you opened up reservations for 9 months away!!!

Sincerely,

Beckie

**thanks, I needed that rant. so frustrating!!***
Wedding Countdown Ticker
**Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**

Re: Brief, But Necessary Vent

• Options
    What the heck!!! Seriously?! I booked my wedding like 14 months out. They need to get their shiiit together and hopefully you can book asap for the date you want!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Omg that's not even cool. What's wrong with them!!!! Hope they get their act together asap. Sorry about this Chica.

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • Options
    Uggh that is so frustrating!! Can't they just book it?! Try  not to stress, just threaten them to go elsewhere and see what they can do. Would you be willingly to move it to a different resort if you have to?

Good luck!!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!  I'm shocked.  We booked 18mo before.  I'm so sorry.  How very frustrating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, seriously? I can understand a restaurant not taking a reservation that far out, but a resort? Absurd. How frustrating! Good luck <3
  • Options
    Glad I wasn't the only one that needed to vent! :)

How frustrating!  Why isn't anything open 9 months out?!  I'd be going crazy right about now if that was me!  Hopefully they open up soon and everything pans out perfectly!
  • Options
    yah I'm about to walk my happy butt to a travel agent in town that I found who specializes in DW and just letting them get me booked. But then again, they might have the same hassle I do.

So frustrating!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    We also booked 17 months ahead, that is total BS!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options

That is craziness!  Hopefully between you and the TA you'd be able to get something booked!  Seriously, 9 months isn't that far away!

• Options
    uhm just a thought to beware of the place if they aren't booking 9 months away.  I lived in the Caribbean and usually its a sign of financial trouble or resort closing/changing hands.  I have seen it many many times.  I really hope thats not the case for you, but I would begin to look for alternatives. JUST IN CASE. 
  • Options
    that's a great suggestion p2p. the say something about changing their system around. I've looked on Trip Advisor and haven't seen anything. It would be good to have an alternative...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards