Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

How do you take your dress with you to your destination wedding?

So I am getting married in Mexico next year and I am wondering how I get my dress there without getting it all wrinkled, I am NOT checking it with my baggage cause I dont want to risk the airport losing it! How is everyone else getting there dresses to your weddings?
BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How do you take your dress with you to your destination wedding?

• Options
    HI~

Most of the ladies on the board take it as their carry on and the flight attendants generally put in the closet on the plane.  Ocassionally they will put them in the over head compartment but that is something you can probably call the airline about. 
  • Options
    i had to put mine in the overhead compartment. i folded it in half on top of our other carry-on. one of the 2 flights we had to take to our DW didn't have a closet in the front and the other i couldn't use b/c the hanger had slipped down into the bag somehow. i obv couldn't open it to fix it with DH there.

anyhow, my wedding planner had someone come steam the dress for me on the morning of the wedding. it really didn't need much though. it kept very well in the overhead bin.
  • Options
    I carried mine on as a carry on. We had a layover, so on the first flight I laid it across the luggage in the overhead, on the 2nd flight they had a closet they let me put it in. My mom carried her dress on too & they let her put her dress in the closet too!

• Options
    Carry on.  Have it steamed at your resort.
  • Options
    No matter what you do your dress will get wrinkles. Either pack a portable steamer with you or have it professionally steamed when you get there. Carry the dress on the plane with you.
  • Options
    Most resorts will steam it once you get there.  At my resort it was included in the package.  Carry it on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards